PDA

View Full Version : Help with death of Robert Dunt

Nell
27-11-14, 19:09
Following KiteRunner's post about new Lunacy Asylum Records on Ancestry, I found a distant relative, Kezia Dunt. I also found a Robert Dunt, who was in Colney Hatch

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=freebmddeath&so=2&pcat=BMD_DEATH&rank=1&new=1&MSAV=1&msT=1&gss=angs-c&gsfn=robert&gsfn_x=XO&gsln=dunt&gsln_x=XO&cpxt=1&uidh=i02&cp=4

He's at the bottom of the page. It gives his death in 1866 but I can't find a corresponding death in the GRO registers, so I don't know his age and can't therefore tell if he is one of my Robert Dunts.

Any ideas?

Phoenix
27-11-14, 19:58
Surely he's the second one down, born 1840?

The 1861 census is no help. Just says aged 20, occupation & birthplace unknown

Nell
27-11-14, 20:17
Silly me, I've got Robert Dunt b 1841 in Cheshunt, died 1866 Barnet already in my tree. I just can't see the GRO index entry. He's definitely one of mine, so that's 4 Dunt family members who died in the loony bin!

Patience Dunt & Keziah Bridget Dunt died in Norfolk Asylum, Robert Dunt in Colney Hatch, and Maria Dunt in Banstead.

Just drawn a diagram. Patience had a brother called Adam, Robert is his grandson. Patience & Adam's brother John was father of Kezia Bridget, and grandfather (through his son, another Adam) of Maria Dunt.

Merry
27-11-14, 20:29
Nell, the link you posted shows the GRO entry, doesn't it?? :D

Nell
27-11-14, 20:40
Just drawn a diagram and found that Robert and Bridget were 3rd cousins.

Nell
27-11-14, 20:41
Merry

Yes it does, I'm going bonkers. I thought I'd posted the entry for his lunatic asylum admission. I honestly looked at the GRO indexes several times, don't know how I missed it - don't say it;s because there's insanity in the family!

Nell
27-11-14, 20:43
Well of course I'm going bonkers. I already had the info in my tree. But the lunatic asylum entry does give me his death date, I certainly wouldn't be forking out for the death cert.

Merry
27-11-14, 20:51
don't say it;s because there's insanity in the family!

No, that's not the reason! If it was, I wouldn't have found the GRO entry either!! :D