PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong here please

tenterfieldjulie
28-10-14, 11:03
On Freereg I found a marriage taking place at Merthyr, Carmarthenshire on 4/11/1806 of Richard Bowen of Newchurch parish, bachelor, Yeoman, to Jane Davies, Spinster.

I have just taken a sub to FMP and thought I would find an image of this marriage but I can’t find it. Are all the Carmarthenshire images there or what am I doing wrong please? Thanks. Julie

Nell
28-10-14, 12:42
i can't see it either. Merthyr is listed as a place in the Carmarthenshire Marriages data set but I can't get a result with either Bowen or Davies.

kiterunner
28-10-14, 13:08
If you go onto the Carmarthen Marriages dataset and search for marriage year 1806, marriage place Merthyr, without entering any names, you get no matches. Trying various years, it seems that their Merthyr marriages currently go up to 1753, then take a break and restart at 1813.

tenterfieldjulie
28-10-14, 19:18
Thanks Kate and Nell, at least I know it isn't me unfortunately.

Kit
31-10-14, 01:27
I know this is different as Kate has found there are no registers for the time you need but I've found a few problems with the Staffordshire registers. For future reference though it could be worth just browsing the registers rather than searching. I only did it as I thought it might be easier than trying to work out alternative spellings. The untranscribed entries though are very clearly written and spelled correctly.