PDA

View Full Version : birth date and death date please of my brother

garstonite
25-09-14, 08:48
would it be possible to find the actual birth date and death date of my brother who died before I was born ??
Kenneth Oakes b dec qtr 1947 Liverpool South / died jun qtr 1948 aged 0

thanks - I feel these records if possible should be in my tree ...somehow I feel guilty not knowing this ...DEC 15th ?? for his birth date ...I knew it as a child but can`t remember now ...I feel a little embarassed:o

kiterunner
25-09-14, 09:33
Sorry, Allan, but the exact dates are unlikely to be found online. I did have a look around but couldn't find anything to help.

The obvious way of getting them would be to get his birth and death certificates.

Other possible ways that I can think of: does he have a gravestone? If so then it is likely to have the dates on it. Were birth and / or death notices printed in the local paper? Maybe you can view the old newspapers on microfilm at the local library.

Did your parents leave any paperwork that you have kept somewhere which might have the information in it?

garstonite
25-09-14, 09:48
no headstone ...my mums sister who bought the plot wouldn`t allow one ...very strange attitude ...my mums baby sister Dorothy aged 6 months / my brother aged 6 months / my mums nan aged 96 and my cousins 2 babies both about 6 weeks old are all in the grave - and my mums urn ...my mums parents couldn`t afford a grave for Dorothy , so their 2nd eldest daughter bought it ...and even though there are 4 babies and their gg grandmother she would never allow any Headstone - she died about 6 years ago ...but her eldest daughter is just as stubborn ....OK.....if it isn`t possible to find out online, you can delete this thread if you wish to Kate
thanks for your help ....cheers
allan

tenterfieldjulie
26-09-14, 09:43
Allan are there no cemetery records? Even if there is no headstone ,in that era I would think there should be records for either for the cemetery, the undertaker or the person/church who performed the burial. Was there a church involved, there should be a burial record with them?

HarrysMum
26-09-14, 11:43
This is when Australian certs show their worth. Burial place is on the death cert.

I do hope you find it Allan.

kiterunner
26-09-14, 12:29
I think he already knows where his brother is buried, Libby, just not the exact dates of his birth and his death?

garstonite
27-09-14, 07:19
yes Kate - I visit now and then - my mums urn is in with him ....thank you all ...my mums sister is 88 - she might remember - I will visit her and ask ...she is very funny ...last time I visited her I took her a bottle of Royal Grouse Whisky - and she said "ooooh lovely , strong Lucozade "...great sense of humour for her age ....fingers crossed

Merry
27-09-14, 07:52
Would your brother have been baptised at St Michael's church in Garston? The parish register may still be held by the church (I tried to discover the most recent date held at Liverpool record office without success). His date of birth may well be recorded along with the baptism, so it might be worth contacting the church to see if they can help you.

lol re Lucozade :d

garstonite
01-10-14, 06:45
Thanks Merry - I never thought of St Michaels - I will go to the lady Caretakers house ..my wife knows her well ...she might be able to find out for me ....good idea that ....