PDA

View Full Version : Athletic Club in 1900's in Middlesbrough

Nanny Ann
07-09-14, 19:41
Please can you help?? Does anyone know what Athletic Clubs existed in Middlesbrough area in 1910 -1920's We are searching for any information on Harry Wilson running for a club around this time, or if you can tell me were I might find archive records for such a club. Harry's family lived in Cargo Fleet, he married in 1911 and some time afterwards moved to North Ormesby.

Margaret in Burton
07-09-14, 20:47
Borobabs on this site lives in Middlesbrough. She might be able to advise you.

Olde Crone
07-09-14, 21:06
Do you know anything more about him? Google tells me there were a number of runners with the name of Harry Wilson - was he a professional runner, for instance?

Also, if you google, there are/were a number of athletic clubs and harrier clubs in Middlesborough.

OC

Nanny Ann
07-09-14, 21:51
Harry Wilson born abt 1893. Parents were David and Mary Wilson. Harry married Maggie Stephenson in 1911. We don't believe that Harry was a professional runner at least not to our knowledge.

Many thanks for your suggestions Margaret and Old Crone.

borobabs
07-09-14, 22:32
Hiya Nancy yes I live in boro and funny enough lived in Cargo Fleet and born North Ormesby, the cargo fleet club is still up and running so they might have records other than that they will be in Middlesbrough archives

Nanny Ann
08-09-14, 07:26
Thank you Babs.