PDA

View Full Version : freebmd query please

garstonite
29-07-14, 07:28
Good morning ...could someone else please have a look at my sister in laws births on freebmd please - she passed away 20 years ago , so it is OK to post
www.freebmd.org.uk
births
Kabluckyj
Lynn
1950-1951
there are 2 registrations and on the second one is a red arrow and blue lightning sign ...when you click on this - could someone post what they think the explanation means please
thanks
allan

Phoenix
29-07-14, 07:43
If you look at the actual page for 1950, her entry is handwritten at the bottom of the page. So it would appear that her birth was recorded late, recorded when it was notified, and x referenced to actual period when it should have been recorded.

garstonite
29-07-14, 07:50
does that mean that although she was born march 1950 - she wasn`t registered until june qtr 1951 ?..if so - couldn`t you be fined for that ?
added
the parents didn`t marry until dec qtr 1950

Phoenix
29-07-14, 07:54
Yes and yes, but I think it was a more serious crime not to register a birth at all.

garstonite
29-07-14, 07:59
I just added that the parents didn`t marry until dec qtr 1950 ...Lynns father was a POW( he fought for the Germans - he was Ukranian and the Russians had overpowerd Ukraine - so when the Germans entered Ukraine , the Ukranians joined the Germans in getting the Russians out of their country ..would you know if there were restrictions on POW`s marrying before they served their time ?

Merry
29-07-14, 08:35
There are two entries for 1950, the hand written one for Kabluckyj and a normal one for Molyneux. I would imagine when Lynn was born her mother registered the birth and her father could not attend, so his name was not included on the original birth cert.

garstonite
29-07-14, 09:18
Thanks Merry ....that makes sense ....not the answer I had - but yours makes more sense ..
cheers
allan