PDA

View Full Version : FLORENCE A Walker

Phoenix
13-07-14, 00:43
aNCESTRY has this for 1891:

View Record Florence A Walker abt 1876 city, London, England Sister city, London

I cannot find her on fmp. Should be sister to James poss chartered accountant.

He's born MEOT, she Hackney.

Can anyone see her?

Also, is the 1895 death of a Julia Walker, prob on Ancestry likely to be her mother? Probate would presumably be to James.

Merry
13-07-14, 06:06
The 1891 census entry is for 21 Camden Street, Bethnal Green.

There are three sisters in the household (no one else):

Charlotte A Walker head unm 25 shirt machinist b London Spitalfields
Georgina S Walker sister unm 21 shirt and button hole machinist b ditto
Florence A Walker sister unm 15 hand button holer (shirts) b ditto

So, not who you are looking for?

RG12; Piece: 263; Folio: 51; Page: 21

The probate entry reads:

WALKER Julia of 4 Florence-terrace Uxbridge-road Ealing Middlesex widow died 9 December 1895 Probate London 3 July to John Baird Smith writer to the signet and the reverend Alexander Robertson Mac Ewen D.D. Effects £1817 19s. 9d.

Merry
13-07-14, 06:21
Your Florence is with her brother James in 1901, but I guess you have that!

Merry
13-07-14, 07:02
In 1891 James H Walker accountant's clerk aged 24 is a boarder in Fulham (b London). No obvious family with him.

Phoenix
13-07-14, 07:48
Thank you, Merry!

I have to confess I chickened out of looking for James as there are just so many of them.

We were seduced by a Julia who was buried in Stoke Newington - right age and same cemetery as her father, but now I see that there are four Julia Walkers of approximately the right age dying in London.

James had sisters Florence Amelia and Julia (probably Julia Alice) but their subsequent careers are equally elusive. The Florence who married William Gooch is the wrong Florence.

And birth places in London never help.