PDA

View Full Version : Mays Hill Cemetery

Kit
09-06-14, 10:34
I have the book of headstone transcriptions if anyone wants details of anyone buried there.

HarrysMum
15-06-14, 09:37
Toni......no hurry, but I wonder if there are any

Batman
Turner
Laycock/Haylock (seems to change every so often....)
Mobbs

Thanks.

Kit
19-06-14, 08:22
Sorry Libby didn't see this will check after dinner.

Were any of your Mobbs from Dural? If so I know somewhere you need to visit when you come down

Kit
19-06-14, 09:37
Sorry not one of them are in the book.

HarrysMum
19-06-14, 12:52
Thanks Toni....I don't know about the Mobbs really. My 4x great grandmother was Mary Mobbs. She came here with her convict husband William Batman in 1797. Her brother, William Mobbs came as a convict as well. He and William Batman were convicted together.

I haven't followed his line, but I should.

Kit
20-06-14, 12:15
There were Mobbs out at Dural. No idea if they were connected to yours though.

I know one lady placed a copy of her considerable research at the historical centre there. From talking to here I believe it to be well researched. Well worth a look if you knew you were connected.

HarrysMum
21-06-14, 10:50
Thanks Toni. I'll see if I can find it.

***goes to look up where Dural is***

tenterfieldjulie
21-06-14, 17:06
In the sticks behind Hornsby on way to Windsor. It would have been an early convict route .. I think near Wiseman's Ferry. It is now a part of western Sydney and has some very good nurseries.

HarrysMum
21-06-14, 22:01
Thanks Julie.....I did find it. I will ring their FH Group tomorrow and ask.

Kit
23-06-14, 08:33
Lovely area, slowly becoming more suburbanised. Just beyond Castle Hill if that helps. I think they only open Wednesday and Sunday, at least they used to. If you know how to disable alarms I can tell you where to get the key. ;)

My rellies had orchards there for many years.