PDA

View Full Version : Devon PRs

Asa
01-06-14, 05:45
I am having a truly wonderful time on FMP, proving theories and finding more ancestors - almost all the parishes I want are on now. On the downside, I have managed to lose a great x 5 grandmother, who really can't be who I thought and hoped she was and all her lovely ancestors. This is the trouble with wanting the truth about things I suppose :/

Phoenix
01-06-14, 07:19
My Devon ancestors often seem to be inter-related. You may well find links to the lady further back, Asa.

It's rather sad to have to relinquish the false ancestors we have adopted, but it is an excuse to do lots of new research!

I am finding that the gaps still remain. I think it is because the civil war drove a coach and horses through the records. Unless, of course, some of my people weren't real Devonians :eek:

Asa
01-06-14, 07:55
You're right about it being an excuse for lots of research, although this particular one seems to be obscure. "Sojourner" in the parish is not helpful:)

I've noticed gaps too - I could really have done with Aylesbeare images...hey ho I have plenty to do for a long while :)

Lindsay
01-06-14, 08:08
The new records have also made me reconsider a set of 5xg-grandparents. Fortunately I hadn't gone any further than their names.

The dangers of relying on records that are online when so many haven't been available up to now... :rolleyes:

Asa
01-06-14, 08:18
That's the problem - also, she was one I took on many years ago when I was quite fresh to it and I've had my doubts for a while now. I think I may have identified her though so fingers crossed:)