PDA

View Full Version : another Irish question

Margaret in Burton
30-05-14, 15:54
I've found a genealogy site.

http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/

Detail is brilliant.

My question is:

Does anyone think that Eleanor Nilon and Ellen Lynan could be the same person? Said with an Irish accent?

Found two more alternatives, Elenor Lysaght and Ellenor Nelon

All the same address in Dublin and married to a Thomas Dyer

kiterunner
30-05-14, 16:56
17 Jan 1866 Baptism of Thomas Dyer of 4 Lisburn St, parents Thomas Dyer and Ellen Lynan.

9 Dec 1867 Baptism of John Dyer of 4 New Lisburn St, parents Thomas Dyer and Elenor Lysaght, sponsor 2 Mary Nilore.

10 Sep 1869 Michael Joseph Dyer of 4 New Lisburn St baptised, parents Thomas Dyer and Eleanor Nilon. Then there is another transcription of the same baptism giving the address as 4 New Testimn Street, parents Thomas C Dyer and Ellenor Nelon.

19 Dec 1876 Baptism of Francis Joseph Dyer of 14 Usher's Island, parents Thomas Campbell Dyer and Eleanor Nilon.

13 Oct 1889 Thomas Dyer marries, address 164 1/2 Capel St, parents Thomas Dyer and Eleanor Nilon.

It all looks like the same family to me; maybe some of the name variations are mistranscriptions.

WendyPusey
30-05-14, 17:06
I have three baptisms and a marriage for my Great Great Grandparents and all mother's names are spelt differently. Depends on what they hear and how they spell it.

Margaret in Burton
30-05-14, 17:44
17 Jan 1866 Baptism of Thomas Dyer of 4 Lisburn St, parents Thomas Dyer and Ellen Lynan.

9 Dec 1867 Baptism of John Dyer of 4 New Lisburn St, parents Thomas Dyer and Elenor Lysaght, sponsor 2 Mary Nilore.

10 Sep 1869 Michael Joseph Dyer of 4 New Lisburn St baptised, parents Thomas Dyer and Eleanor Nilon. Then there is another transcription of the same baptism giving the address as 4 New Testimn Street, parents Thomas C Dyer and Ellenor Nelon.

19 Dec 1876 Baptism of Francis Joseph Dyer of 14 Usher's Island, parents Thomas Campbell Dyer and Eleanor Nilon.

13 Oct 1889 Thomas Dyer marries, address 164 1/2 Capel St, parents Thomas Dyer and Eleanor Nilon.

It all looks like the same family to me; maybe some of the name variations are mistranscriptions.

Yes that's what I found Kate. It's a pity you can't view the image.

Margaret in Burton
30-05-14, 17:45
I have three baptisms and a marriage for my Great Great Grandparents and all mother's names are spelt differently. Depends on what they hear and how they spell it.

Yes I think so Wendy. I'm new to Irish research and at the moment enjoying doing it.