PDA

View Full Version : My cousin has come up trumps!

ElizabethHerts
18-05-14, 20:03
My cousin has come up trumps with the family photos.

My father had a sister who had the family photograph albums when my grandparents died. I don't think my father was interested. One of my cousins has had them up in his loft, and another cousin went up there with him and retrieved them.

My grandmother was Scottish and I never met any of her family and only have a couple of snapshots of her and my grandmother when she was young.
Now I have a photograph of 4 generations of my family - my father as a baby with his mother, her mother, and her mother, the latter being born in 1847. It is the first photo I have ever seen of her.

I also have quite a few photos of my grandmother's three sisters and their families. I had never seen any before.

I'm over the moon!

Shona
18-05-14, 20:16
So pleased for you - I'd be over the moon, too. You must post the four generations pic.

ElizabethHerts
18-05-14, 20:24
Thanks, Shona. I shall post the photo when I've organised them all.
Luckily my cousin sent an index of who was who.

Kit
19-05-14, 02:32
Wonderful. I'm so happy for you. :)

Janet
19-05-14, 02:39
Very happy for you too, Elizabeth, and I could swear I posted that earlier today but if I did it's volatized into thin air! Perhaps you'll be designing a new wall of family photos soon. :)

Merry
19-05-14, 06:34
How lovely, Elizabeth!

JBee
19-05-14, 07:53
That's really fantastic.

I was lucky enough to obtain a photograph of my grandparents and their first 4 children from a very distant cousin in the US. Her grandmother was a cousins/2nd cousin to my grandfather. Thing is no-one else in the family had any photographs so that was wonderful for all of us.

Sue from Southend
19-05-14, 08:48
How lovely Elizabeth, especially as they're all named for you too! I have boxes of photos from my Mum's side of the family showing Mum as a child, my grandparents and Great grandparents. But there are a lot of people whose names Mum couldn't remember. I guess I'll never know now :(

Nell
20-05-14, 21:12
*turns green with envy*

Tilly Mint
21-05-14, 06:06
What a lovely surprise!......no wonder you're chuffed.

Must say.....I'm envious as well;)