PDA

View Full Version : Another dumb fmp Q!

Merry
28-04-14, 08:59
I've just read a helpful newspaper article on fmp, so I went to click the download button in order to save it, but I can see it (the button!), so, how do I save a newspaper image please?

Merry
28-04-14, 10:49
I've given up and just done a screen shot as the bit I needed was short.

Merry
28-04-14, 11:39
I still can't see how to do it. Right click and Save Picture As doesn't work.

Sue from Southend
28-04-14, 12:45
I can't work it out either Merry, not that that is any help!

In Internet Explorer I get no save option at all and in Chrome I get a "save as" when I right click but it only saves it as link ie when I go into My Documents to retrieve it and click on it it opens as FMP in a new window :confused:

Will have another go.

On a similar topic has anyone worked out how to rotate an image in FMP?

Mary from Italy
28-04-14, 12:49
I've never managed to make the "save as" work either, so I always do a screenshot.

There doesn't seem to be any way of rotating an image now (although it used to be possible); if they're downloadable, you'd have to download it as a jpg and then rotate it.

Mary from Italy
28-04-14, 12:52
Just found this in the FAQs:

How do I print a newspaper article?
Answer:

We are in the process of moving our newspaper articles to a more efficient type of viewer. We have had to temporarily withdraw the print and download options while that happens.

In the meanwhile, you can work around this by vewing the article, right clicking with your mouse and saving the article to your computer then printing from there.

They obviously haven't realised that the "save as" option doesn't work.

Merry
28-04-14, 14:16
Thanks, glad it's not just me then!!

Janet
28-04-14, 22:19
The download button is there for me now, bottom right. Tried it and it gave me a jpeg image on my desktop. :)

EDIT: Was on .co.uk. Have not tried .com.

Kit
29-04-14, 02:14
I wonder how old the FAQ information is? I've never been able to download or save as.

Glad Janet has found the option is there now.

Janet
29-04-14, 03:45
I did an actual download four times and verified that it works for me from both findmypast.com and findmypast.co.uk using both Chrome and Firefox.

Merry
29-04-14, 06:00
The download button is there for me now, bottom right. Tried it and it gave me a jpeg image on my desktop. :)

EDIT: Was on .co.uk. Have not tried .com.

Bottom right on .co.uk just shows a lot of ways to "connect with us" - nothing about downloading. Guess I need to change to a different browser. Something I've never had to do before. :o:o:o

I wonder why they say the facility is temporarily withdraw if it isn't?? Mind you, the right click and save as doesn't work for me either!

The download option is there for other sorts of documents.

Mary from Italy
29-04-14, 12:34
Same here (using Firefox) - there's a download button for other documents, but not for newspapers.

Sue from Southend
29-04-14, 12:37
I don't have a download button and I'm using Chrome. If I hover the cursor in the right hand side of the image a little message pops up, "Where am I" which just shows you where in the newspaper page your article appears.

Mary from Italy
29-04-14, 12:48
I did an actual download four times and verified that it works for me from both findmypast.com and findmypast.co.uk using both Chrome and Firefox.

Was it newspaper articles you downloaded, though, or some other kind of image?

Janet
29-04-14, 16:28
Oops, you're right, Mary. I was in the wrong place. :o Sorry, Merry! I'll try again when I get a minute.

Janet
29-04-14, 20:48
Nope, sorry! I'm no better off than anyone else. :(