PDA

View Full Version : Video on using the new FMP

ElizabethHerts
24-04-14, 17:48
This is worth a look - I have watched it once and he went too fast for me to take it all in, but I was impressed with some of the things that you can do now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOEi_nLLkRw&feature=youtu.be

Let's hope they iron out some of the problems we have at present.

Shona
24-04-14, 19:34
That was really helpful, thank you.

Sue from Southend
25-04-14, 08:38
Well, he made it look easy! It looks as though they've made more changes since I last looked properly so I'll have to go and have a play!

Thanks for posting this, Elizabeth.

Merry
25-04-14, 09:02
I'd noticed this video before, but hadn't watched it - thanks for the shove!

Durham Lady
25-04-14, 16:23
Would be good if I could hear more of what he was saying, I had the sound right up yet I still couldn't hear half of what he was saying. I think it's too much click this and that to filter things out when it was so easy before. I can't see me renewing my subscription. I also tried today to print save a copy of a census and it wouldn't save properly nor could I print it on 1 page.

Mary from Italy
25-04-14, 22:44
I suppose I ought to look at it - I've been avoiding it so far, because I really hate having to sit through a video when it's so much quicker to read a written explanation.

Janet
26-04-14, 03:12
Having sat through it once I find it's really worth investing a few minutes' time, in fact I'm going to double my investment (and more) by watching it again and pausing and repeating a bit of it each time I get lost. Thanks, Elizabeth.

Merry
26-04-14, 07:33
Yes, it's only six minutes or so and definitely worth watching. I know what you mean about a written explanation though Mary - it's easier to skip the parts you already understand.

I also tried today to print save a copy of a census and it wouldn't save properly nor could I print it on 1 page.

I haven't found that part has changed at all, Daphne. I don't normally print census pages, but I did one yesterday to see if it worked and had no problems. I haven't tried printing the document without saving it first though - is that what you were doing? To save the document I clicked Download in the bottom right corner and then Save as.

Kit
28-04-14, 03:26
I knew everything there but it hasn't all worked before. If the filters actually work now that will be great but I hate that a search seems to take a few goes before you get to what you want.

I'll have to try again before I make a final judgement.

Of course, as they add new records that I can't get on ancestry I'll have to renew or rejoin at some point anyway.

kiterunner
28-04-14, 07:06
I notice he said he was filtering by "record collection" when it was actually "record set". If he doesn't understand the difference between the two, what chance have we got?!

Durham Lady
28-04-14, 07:20
Merry, I can save to my computer then print, always could but there is supposed to be a facility to print straight from their page but it splits across so covers 2 pages. I looked at their Q&A's and apparently they are trying to do something about that but haven't succeeded yet.