PDA

View Full Version : Betty Ashworth

kiterunner
07-03-14, 13:13
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Betty / Elizabeth Ashworth
Date and place of birth About 1774, don't know where
Names of parents Don't know
Date and place of baptism - if applicable Not found
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 31 Jul 1797 St James, Accrington, to George Crook, both of Accrington, witnesses Edmund Ashworth and John Riley.
Occupation(s) - if any Housewife
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!). Baxenden, Accrington, Lancashire
Date, place and cause of death 1821 Baxenden, Accrington, Lancashire
Date and place of burial. 4 Mar 1821 St James, Haslingden, Lancashire, wife of George Crook, age 46, abode Baxenden.
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Unlikely to be any
Memorial inscription - if any Not found

kiterunner
07-03-14, 13:20
There are lots of Betty Ashworths, but these are a few possible baptisms I have noted down:
16 Feb 1772 at St James, Haslingden, Elizabeth Ashworth, daughter of Susan Ashworth, abode Musbury, single woman (my Betty had a daughter named Susan.)
5 Jul 1773 St James, Haslingden, Elizabeth Ashworth, daughter of George and Elizabeth, abode Musbury
31 Jul 1774 St James, Haslingden, Betty Ashworth, daughter of John and Betty, abode Moss Hall (my Betty had children named John and Betty)
18 Nov 1774 St James, Haslingden, Betty Ashworth, daughter of James and Betty, abode Dearden Yate.

So quite a lot of possibilities!