PDA

View Full Version : Henry Brewer 1729 St Columb Major & Philippa Phillips of Padstow, Cornwall

Nell
01-03-14, 11:28
Henry Brewer baptised 02 Dec 1729 St. Columb Major, Cornwall.
Parents: Henry Brewer & Mary unknown

Henry Brewer married Philippa Phillips of the parish of Padstow in St. Merryn, Cornwall 21 Apr 1759.

[COLOR="Red"]I do not have deaths/burials for either Henry or Philippa

[I]Update: have found a possible baptism for Philippa Phillips 22 Oct 1721, Padstow, parents Daniel & Anne, on familysearch. This would make her 8 years older than her husband and 37 at the time of her marriage, which is a little late. Horrid thought, she might be a widow and Phillips NOT her maiden name??

Link to their son, my 4 x gt grandfather William Brewer:
http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15522&highlight=William+Brewer

ElizabethHerts
01-03-14, 11:36
I found this burial, Nell:

Day Month 09-Mar
Year 1788
Parish Or Reg District Padstow
Forename Phillippa
Surname BREWER
Notes Wife of Henry Brewer
Transcriber Notes
Transcriber A Wheare/P Green

ElizabethHerts
01-03-14, 11:37
And this for a Henry Brewer, also in Padstow:

Day Month 03-Apr
Year 1793
Parish Or Reg District Padstow
Forename Henry
Surname BREWER
Notes
Transcriber Notes
Transcriber A Wheare/P Green

kiterunner
01-03-14, 11:41
Cornwall OPC has the burial of Philippa Brewer 10 Feb 1789 at St Ervan, residence Little Petherick. Doesn't give her age.

Nell
01-03-14, 12:01
Gosh, that was a quick response! Off to check now. At least Henry and Philippa are easier than William, John & Mary Brewer to search!

Many thanks!

Nell
01-03-14, 12:14
Hmm. I'm sticking with the Philippa burial in Padstow as it mentions her husband's name and Henry isn't that common, but I've made a note of the one KiteRunner found. It's a shame it doesn't give her age or whether she was a wife or a widow.

Unfortunately the Padstow burials online on familysearch.org don't go back far enough!

The Philippa buried in St. Ervan is bound to be connected - the Brewers are all over the area and its a headache trying to disentangle them.