Date and place of birth - 1881 Ayr, Scotland
Names of parents - ???
Date and place of baptism - ???
Details of each of his or her marriages - Robert Samson 1904 Stirling, Scotland
Occupation(s) - ???
Military service - ???
Addresses where they lived - ???
Date, place and cause of death - 1975 Stirling, Scotland
Date and place of burial / cremation - ???
Details of will / administration of their estate - ???
Memorial inscription - ???

Margaret in Burton
20-11-09, 15:41
Lots to find there. I have never done scottish research but others have and I am sure they will advise you better than I can.

Good luck

Shazza34
20-11-09, 16:41
Thanks Margaret it's because it a Scottish search I just don't know where to look.

Merry
20-11-09, 16:46
I can see that her birth was registered in 1881 as there's an entry for her full name on Scotland's people for Muirkirk district (I can't look at it as I don't have any credits).

As she was registered in Muirkirk it seems likely she is the dau of John and Janet who appear on the 1881 Scottish census as follows:

John Blyth head 25 occ flesher b Muirkirk, Ayrshire
Janet Blyth wife 22 b Crieff, Perthshire
Jane Blyth dau 2 b Muirkirk, Ayrshire
Margaret Blyth dau 1 Mo b Muirkirk, Ayrshire

address Glenbuck, Muirkirk, Ayrshire

Merry
20-11-09, 16:47
Am off out now!

Merry
20-11-09, 16:48
Oh, on the following census her dad is Alexander! lol Have to dash.....

Shazza34
20-11-09, 17:17
WOW Thanks Merry. Haven't got time to look till Monday but thanks for the start. I'll update when I've checked things out.
THANK YOU X

kiterunner
20-11-09, 18:16
Your best bet would be to look at her marriage certificate and that will tell you her parents' names. It is on Scotland's People:

http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

When you've registered, go onto the search of Statutory Registers - Marriages and put in their names and the year range as 1904 - 1904, but don't bother putting in her middle name, and it comes up with one match. Then you will have to buy some credits to view the match, and then you will be able to use your credits to view the marriage certificate. Then you should be able to use the info from that to find her birth registration, then her parents' marriage, and so on. Then the problem is rationing yourself so you don't use up too much money! Don't forget the Scottish censuses are transcribed (though not very well) on ancestry so if you have that, it's worth doing census searches on ancestry before looking at any census images on Scotland's People.

Shout if you have any problems with Scotland's People!