PDA

View Full Version : FamilySearch databases - ancestry

kiterunner
22-01-14, 07:09
There are lots of new databases showing on ancestry today but as far as I can see, they are all copies of FamilySearch databases. If you want to see them all, click on the link below and then go through each country separately as there are too many to fit on the screen if you view all countries together:
http://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/reccol/default

It looks as though they are all best searched using the "New Search".

Unexpectedly, it seems that it includes databases which FamilySearch indexed in partnership with Findmypast! Though of course ancestry doesn't have the images for those, you would still need to go to FMP to view them.

Kit
22-01-14, 12:04
Are these the "select" records? I had a look at a few but there weren't any dates.

kiterunner
22-01-14, 12:08
Are these the "select" records? I had a look at a few but there weren't any dates.

Do you mean no dates on the records that you got back, Kit, or no date fields on the search screen?

And yes, they are called "select" records.

kiterunner
23-01-14, 11:43
I see there is no facility to correct mistakes in these records on ancestry. Pity.

Kit
26-01-14, 07:58
I meant no dates on te records I got back. It had John Smith married Mary Jones, father John but no time frame for when it happened.

Kit
26-01-14, 08:37
Just to make me look stupid there are dates on the select records I just looked at. maybe there was a display bug when I first looked at them.

Kit
26-01-14, 08:40
I spoke too soon. Cheshire records have no dates