PDA

View Full Version : County Down/Antrim C of I & Belfast Roman Catholic Records

ElizabethHerts
12-01-14, 06:50
From rootsireland.ie:

"New County Down and County Antrim Church of Ireland Records and Belfast Roman Catholic Records Online

We are pleased to announce that we have just added over 16,000 Church of Ireland baptismal records for County Down along with over 8,000 Roman Catholic records for Belfast. The records were transcribed by Dr Brian Trainor, former Director of the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland. The following Churches have been added:

Name Denomination Type Years Number
Killinchy Church of Ireland Baptisms 1820-77 418
Blaris Church of Ireland Baptisms 1661-1720 7709
Magheralin Church of Ireland Baptisms 1783-1870 6628
Bangor Church of Ireland Baptisms 1803-43 1050
Ballywalter Church of Ireland Baptisms 1845-75 125
Ardkeen Church of Ireland Baptisms 1746-1871 541
St Patrick's Belfast Roman Catholic Baptisms 1924-1931 3823
St Joseph's Belfast Roman Catholic Baptisms 1900-1921 3344
St Joseph's Belfast Roman Catholic Marriages 1921-1933 1524

These registers contain many interesting records. For example:

In the Blaris Church of Ireland register we find the baptismal record of Margaret Street in 1675 who had been “found in Mr Brooke’s porch”.

In Magheralin Church of Ireland register the minister Canon B.W Dolling had to add the following note to the baptismal record of Mary Anne in 1808:

'The parents of said child went away while I was registering the others, though desired to stay and I have not been able to discover who they were'.

More Church of Ireland records will be added soon for the parishes of Antrim, Carrickfergus, Comber, Donaghadee, Down, Drumballyroney and Kilmore.

Please find a list of County Antrim sources that are currently online at County Antrim Sources List.
County Down sources that are currently online at County Down Sources List.

If you have any questions please check our Help section and if this does not provide an answer, then you may contact us or one of the county centres. "

kiterunner
12-01-14, 10:49
Thanks for posting that, Elizabeth. I think they announced it on Christmas Eve and I forgot to post it up! I found one of OH's rellies in there and paid to view the transcription but the only extra info I got over what I already had was the exact date.