PDA

View Full Version : Richard Rymer

kiterunner
10-01-14, 08:29
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Richard Rymer
Date and place of birth About 1725, don't know where but presumably North Meols, Lancashire, as that's where most Rymers come from.
Names of parents Don't know
Date and place of baptism - if applicable Not found
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
26 Jun 1751 North Meols, Lancashire, to Elizabeth Rymer
31 Aug 1760 North Meols, Lancashire, to Elizabeth Wright
9 Jul 1765 North Meols, Lancashire, to Ellen Rymer
Occupation(s) - if any Yeoman
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!). 1766-1807 - Birkdale, Lancashire
Date, place and cause of death 1807 Birkdale, Lancashire, not got cause
Date and place of burial. 5 May 1807 North Meols, Lancashire, age 82
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Probate 23 Jul 1807. I haven't got a copy of the will yet but the Death Duty Register entry names his executors as Richard and Gilbert, sons, and his legatees as his children Betty, William, Thomas and Robert.
Memorial inscription - if any Not found

Link to daughter's thread:
Margaret Rymer (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=15056)

His children with Ellen were: Peggy, Gilbert, John, Gilbert, John, William, Thomas, Margaret, James, Dorothy, Ellen, Robert, so it looks likely that Richard and Betty are children by his first wife.
I should add that there is a likely baptism 29 Aug 1725 at North Meols, son of Robert, but I need to check whether this is the right one. There is also a Richard baptised 2 Aug 1724, son of Richard.

kiterunner
10-01-14, 09:30
A couple of possibles for his first marriage are:
26 Jun 1751 Richard Rymer / Elizabeth Rymer at St Cuthbert, North Meols
31 Aug 1760 Richard Rymer / Elizabeth Wright of Croston, at St Cuthbert, North Meols.

There is a burial 18 Oct 1764 at North Meols, Elizabeth, wife of Richd Rymer of Birkdale.

The 1751 marriage is likely to be the right one, because there are these baptisms:
6 May 1753 Richard, son of Richard and Elizabeth Rymer of Birkdale, at St Cuthbert, North Meols
23 May 1756 Elizabeth, daughter of Richard Rymmer of Berkdale, at St Peter, Formby
9 Aug 1761 Nicholas, son of Richard and Elizabeth Rymer of Birkdale, at St Cuthbert, North Meols
3 Oct 1762 Mary, daughter of Richard and Elizabeth Rymer of Birkdale, at St Cuthbert, North Meols.

There is some discussion on here which I need to read through and digest; it mostly seems to agree with the above:
http://nmfhssouthport.myfreeforum.org/archive/richard-rymer-died-1807-birkdale__o_t__t_2446.html