PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help with Christopher Cole & Margaret

BlueSavannah
14-11-13, 15:35
Hi,

My great x 5 grandparents were Christopher Cole & Margaret (surname unknown). I know nothing about them, ie, when they were born, when they died or when they even married.

All I know is that they had a daughter, Elizabeth Cole my great x 4 grandmother, on the 8th July 1794 in Newcastle upon Tyne. She was baptised non-conformist the next day. Her baptism record states: Elizabeth, Daughter of Christopher & Margret Cole, Flax Dresser, of Silver Street in the Parish of All Saints, Newcastle upon Tyne.

Elizabeth went on to marry at Gretna Green and 4 of her 6 children were also baptised non-conformist. On a couple of those baptisms it does state that the maternal grandparents were Christopher & Margaret Cole.

I would really appreciate any advice on where to start with these two.

Many thanks in advance.

Lindsay
14-11-13, 15:55
Family search have a marriage for Christopher Cole and Margaret Thompson:
13 May 1787 All Saints, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Northumberland

BlueSavannah
14-11-13, 16:13
Many thanks Lindsay, that certainly looks very likely to be the right couple. That's a good number of years before Elizabeth's birth so I do wonder if there are other children the couple had.

Lindsay
14-11-13, 16:21
I couldn't find any others, but perhaps they lived elsewhere for a while?

FamilySearch has images of some Northumberland records, but unfortunately nothing relevant for All Saints Newcastle upon Tyne.

The marriage is also on FreeReg so perhaps it's worth looking there to see if there's anything useful.

BlueSavannah
14-11-13, 16:51
I appreciate you having a look. I will take a look on Freereg. I did wonder if they had lived somewhere before and after Elizabeth's birth.