PDA

View Full Version : pipl

Kit
07-11-13, 03:04
Has anyone worked out how to use this? I was searching for someone and it came up with a result but I can't work out how to view it.

Phoenix
07-11-13, 07:53
I think it's junk, Kit. It just seems to scoop up information from elsewhere. I've spotted the occasional post I've made on it. I suppose it is only valuable if the original post has disappeared, which raises the question - why did it go? That might mean that the poster is no longer contactable.

Kit
07-11-13, 08:07
I have never been able to find anything pst the google page. Once I click the link what I am trying to view is not visible. Is that what you get Phoenix?

I really want to see what I found. I even googled the words but only got the pipl link as a result.

tenterfieldjulie
07-11-13, 08:27
Be careful it is not spam with a tail Toni.

Kit
07-11-13, 12:19
Hadn't thought of that Julie. :(

It just seems like a very bad search engine though, not harmful. It just wont show the results.

Mary from Italy
07-11-13, 12:41
The link back to the original page sometimes works. If it doesn't the page is probably no longer available.

If you get the URL of the original page, you could try looking for it here:

http://archive.org/web/web.php

Janet
07-11-13, 18:09
My every encounter with pipl has been a frustrating nightmare and I've pretty much sworn off. There seems to be no "there" there.

Kit
08-11-13, 06:26
Thanks Mary, will have a play.

Janet that is my experience. But I am determined to see if I can find the URL and use Mary's link. I have almost worked out how someone is related to OH, I'm hoping the pipl link will solve it.