PDA

View Full Version : Question about a will

Kit
04-11-13, 01:03
I have a will that I can not fully understand. I'm getting there slowly.

He first leaves the use of all his property to his wife for her personal use until she either dies or remarries. I'm not clear what happens after that but that is not my question.

He goes on to leave 300 pounds to his wife and executors to be used for the care of his daughter Sarah until she turns 21 or dies, whichever comes first. He does the same for his son William and any children he and his wife are yet to have. (OH's 4g grandfather sadly fits into this category so I can not prove this will is mine yet)

If I am sure the man had 4 children by the time the will was written and given he does not mention 2 of the 4 am I reasonable to think they had died by the time the will was written? They would all have been minors at the time.

Merry
04-11-13, 05:55
Yes, I think it would be reasonable to think they had died. Do you have access to the burial records for the place where they lived.

Phoenix
04-11-13, 07:11
The only circumstance a man might not bother is where a daughter had married while a minor. And then, in the sort of will you are describing, he would probably leave her a token amount, to demonstrate he hadn't forgotten her or a page of the will been lost.

Kit
04-11-13, 08:40
No Merry I don't have access to the burial records and I can't find anything online.

Phoenix all the children were minors but he only mentioned 2. That's why I think they may have died.