PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry private trees

Lindsay
03-11-13, 20:06
Is there anywhere on Ancestry which lists which private trees you've been invited to see?

I've found I can view one but I don't remember ever having been in contact with the owner.

kiterunner
03-11-13, 20:10
Does it include them if you click on the Family Trees tab near the top of the screen, and then the "Trees shared with me" tab? I don't know whether I have access to any private ones.

Lindsay
03-11-13, 20:16
I only get 2 options when I click the Family Trees tab at the top - start a new tree, and upload a gedcom.

Kit
03-11-13, 22:09
There is a spot that shows you what trees you can see, I can't remember where though.

Kit
03-11-13, 22:13
Just checked. Click on the Family Trees tab at the top. Any trees you have access to will appear there.

Lindsay
04-11-13, 18:47
Thanks, Toni. It looks like I shouldn't have access to any trees, then, as there's none showing.

So I wonder why I can see this private tree? It's the only one I can see.

Very odd.

kiterunner
04-11-13, 20:12
It could be that private trees are different from public ones and don't show on the tab?

Lindsay
04-11-13, 20:29
I thought only private ones would show? :confused:

Kit
04-11-13, 20:35
No one of the trees I can see is a private tree and appears on the list.

Lindsay
04-11-13, 21:19
No one of the trees I can see is a private tree and appears on the list.

Thanks Toni - I don't have any trees listed and as far as I can remember I've never contacted anyone with a private tree.

Definitely odd.

Janet
05-11-13, 02:33
When I click on the words "Family Trees" on that tab (on those words themselves, not on the menu items listed below the little downward-pointing arrow), I get a new page that opens up with two tabs on it, "My Trees" and "Trees Shared with Me".

Under Tools on this second tab, there is a link for "More info"; and more to the point for you perhaps, Lindsay, a link for "Remove from list".

Lindsay
05-11-13, 13:28
If I click on the words 'Family Trees' I get taken to the 'start a tree' page (presumably because I don't have an Ancestry tree). No mention of shared trees because as far as I know I've never asked anyone to share a tree.

I think the reason why I can see this private tree is going to remain a mystery.

Thanks for everyone's help.