PDA

View Full Version : Nimrod Philbrook

Jenoco
15-11-09, 01:58
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Nimrod Philbrook
Date and place of birth Woodham Walter, Essex
Names of parents John and Ann (nee Glasscock)
Date and place of baptism - if applicable 2 Sept 1843
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
Martha Mead 23 July 1868, Norwood, Surrey
Occupation(s) - if any gardener
Military service - if any none
Addresses where they lived
1841 and 1851: Woodham Walter with parents
1861: Willow Walk Sydenham with mother
1871 1881: Arnolds’ Cottages, Capel, Surrey
1891: Oakhill Road, Reigate
1901: 45 St. Mary’s Road, Reigate
Date, place and cause of death 1918
Date and place of burial / cremation. Reigate cemetery
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable unknown
Memorial inscription - if any unknown

Merry
15-11-09, 07:18
What a fabby name!

samesizedfeet
15-11-09, 17:47
Yes - this gets my vote for name of the week. I did a tree for someone a few years back with lots of family in Woodham Walter

Jenoco
15-11-09, 19:48
Yes, the name certainly grabs your attention. The rest of the family had normal names like Ann, John, James, etc. so goodness knows where Nimrod came from. There were lots of Philbrooks in Woodham Walter at the beginning of the 19th century but they'd all died or moved on by 1870s.

Georgette
17-11-09, 15:39
Do you have a reference for his grave, Jenoco? My parents live very close to Reigate cemetery and I could probably get you a photo if you would like one.

If you don't have the location, the people in charge of the cemetery were very helpful when I contacted them about my 3xgrt grandmother's grave two years ago. Here's a link to their site:

http://www.reigate-banstead.gov.uk/community_and_living/death_and_bereavement/cemeteries/regiate_cemetery/reigate_cemetery_burial_searches/

Jenoco
18-11-09, 00:55
Thanks for the link to the website Georgette. I don't have a reference for his grave but do have an old picture and a little map which my uncle drew for me many years ago which gave the location. I'll email them and see if I can get the reference and will take you up on your kind offer.