PDA

View Full Version : A cloud to my silver lining

Glen TK
29-09-13, 13:45
Several years ago I discovered I had an uncle and found his birth (pre 1920) plus a 1980's ER for him and his wife, I've now found the marriage and death of the couple, no children that I can find but there are two siblings for the bride...........none of the names come up in family tree sites anywhere, flipping gutted :mad:

Mary from Italy
29-09-13, 14:39
Have you tried looking for them on the recent electoral rolls on FMP?

Glen TK
29-09-13, 14:41
Death registrations for both in 1988, seems they are a forgotten branch as other earlier generations appear in a couple of trees

Glen TK
29-09-13, 14:44
Name: TOWNSEND, John Terence A
Registration district: Loughborough
County: Leicestershire
Year of registration: 1988
Month of registration: September
Date of birth: 5 October 1919
Volume no: 6
Page no: 1958
Reg no: 988

Name: TOWNSEND, Doris
Registration district: Loughborough
County: Leicestershire
Year of registration: 1998
Month of registration: November
Date of birth: 10 April 1922
District no: 6011A
Reg no: 48D
Ent no: 288
DOR: 1198

Glen TK
29-09-13, 14:50
My only hope will be informant details from the death certs, perhaps they may reveal the name of a son/daughter.

Mary from Italy
30-09-13, 04:13
I meant did you look for the bride's siblings in the ERs?

Might be worth a search for wills for John and Doris, as well.

If they died in Loughborough General Hospital the records should be at the Leics. Record Office, but I don't suppose they're accessible as they're fairly recent.

JessBow
30-09-13, 07:46
Given what you put above ( death regs) Doris outlived him by 10 years, Doris prob reg his death, a family member would have prob done hers.

(or was it a slip of the finger, the year?)

Glen TK
01-10-13, 06:41
Only found the sibs this week but the ER results I had years ago and are for an address in Lincoln (John was informant of my birth father's death in 1984).

Seems Doris and sibs came from Bourne, no other known connections to Loughborough on my paternal side so maybe it is through her family.

Mary from Italy
01-10-13, 11:35
Hi Glen,

As far as I can see from a quick search, both siblings married, and the brother's children were born in Loughborough.

And unless I'm very much mistaken, at least one of his children is in the current phone book...

Glen TK
01-10-13, 19:39
Ooh, sounds interesting. My uncle was in the army, served in Burma during WWII, not sure when he came out, what he did or where, there's a gap of several decades between his marriage and the death of my birth father with nothing known about the period in between.

Mary from Italy
01-10-13, 20:36
Do you have access to Ancestry, or do you want me to PM you the details?

Glen TK
01-10-13, 22:15
I haven't got ancestry just now, it's taking me all my time to get online at night nowadays with sleeping away in the truck all week.

Mary from Italy
01-10-13, 23:43
OK, I've PM'd you.

Glen TK
03-10-13, 23:54
Thanks.

Glen TK
13-10-13, 17:40
Right, after speaking to a member of the Boyfield family seems my hunch re an adopted child could be correct, just ordered both death certs and fingers crossed the informant info comes up trumps.

Mary from Italy
13-10-13, 17:48
Good luck :)

Glen TK
19-10-13, 11:02
Certs arrived, informant is a daughter, looks like the address for her is still current but still a bit of leg work to do on that score and then try to get in touch with her. In a strange twist it seems she may well have married into my maternal line too!!

Mary from Italy
19-10-13, 12:32
Goodness, that's a weird coincidence!

Glen TK
19-10-13, 14:43
I've managed to speak to her and confirmed she did marry into one of my other lines on the maternal side.

A few months ago I linked two Chambers families together via a Chambers/Chambers marriage, her hubby is a child of that marriage so I've gained a lot of new blood rellies on both sides all in one go.

Mary from Italy
19-10-13, 15:19
Amazing. Was she adopted, or didn't you think it was appropriate to ask?

Glen TK
19-10-13, 15:32
She was adopted, forwarded that little snippet herself, her daughter has looked into the two family trees but drawn a blank on both, I've been able to fill in a few blanks for them.

When I mentioned her married/hubby's surname she threw out a lot of names I knew together with a few questions about a middle name many have and I was able to answer that one too.

Seems her hubby (who will be some distant cousin to me) may have a fair bit of info re names/dates as well as photographs so I've given them the links to my TP and Flickr and hope they can add some meat to the bones and a few more photographs to my collection.

Mary from Italy
19-10-13, 18:59
That's brilliant, especially the photos.

Glen TK
19-10-13, 19:43
Just popped all the details into my tree and it's telling me the following

I've not only found a first cousin on the paternal line but her hubby is also my 2nd cousin.

Now given how I stumble across people, places and buildings I wonder what the next suprise will be. I'll probably discover we worked together years ago or something daft like that.

tenterfieldjulie
20-10-13, 02:00
lol great news Glen ..