PDA

View Full Version : William Glaister

kiterunner
27-09-13, 12:54
Name - "official" name and what they were known as William Glaister
Date and place of birth 2 Jun 1733, Old Malborah, Cumberland
Names of parents John Glaister and Ann Unknown
Date and place of baptism - if applicable Not baptised as his family were Quakers
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 17 Nov 1756 at Beckfoot Meeting House, Cumberland, to Mary Ostle. Both "of Newtown in the Lordship of Holme Cultram".
Occupation(s) - if any Don't know
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1758 - 1771 Newtown, Cumberland
Date, place and cause of death 8 Jun 1787 Cumberland
Date and place of burial. 10 Jun 1787 Beckfoot, Holme, Cumberland
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Not found
Memorial inscription - if any Not found

Link to daughter's thread:
Ruth Glaister (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=14229)

I haven't looked at this bit of OH's tree for a while and I have notes saying that the images of William's birth registration and burial are on BMD Registers but that I have not viewed them yet. I have viewed the marriage image but there are no witnesses' names. I know there are quite a few public trees with William and Mary on them but I want to make sure I don't go along the wrong track!

kiterunner
27-09-13, 13:27
Ooh, I had 5 credits left on BMD Registers so have viewed the birth image:
William the son of John Glaister of old Malborah which Ann his wife bare unto him was Borne the 2th day of the 4th month in the year 1733.

Hmm, so that would be the 2nd of June.

kiterunner
27-09-13, 13:38
FamilySearch has the dates of his death - 8 Jun 1787 - and burial - 10 Jun 1787. Age at death 54.