David Lewsey

Date and place of birth:
1861 Finchingfield, Essex

Names of parents:
Robert Lewsey and Priscilla Coe

Date and place of baptism:
Not Known

Details of each of his or her marriages
Married Elizabeth Anne Miller at St Martins, Kentish Town, London on 27th November 1882

Occupation(s):
General Labourer

Military service:
Not Known

Addresses where they lived:
Little London, Finchingfield, Essex, England 1861 Census
9 Little London, Finchingfield, Essex, England 1871 Census
100 Weedington Rd, St Pancras, London, England 1881 Census
3 Falkland Rd, St Pancras, London, England 1891 Census
44 Barnby St, West Ham, London, England 1901 Census
68 Corporation St, West Ham, London, England 1911 Census

Date, place and cause of death:
Not Known

Date and place of burial / cremation:
Not Known

Details of will / administration of their estate:
Not Known

Memorial inscription:
Not Known

peppie
14-11-09, 17:40
Can't find anything as yet, but thought you might like to know he lived around the corner from my mum.......:d

maggie_4_7
14-11-09, 17:49
Falkland Rd or Weedington Rd?

There's a few trees on Ancestry but strangely the daughter my OH is descended from, his grandmother, isn't one of David's children on any of them but its the right man they start his children in 1885! OH's grandmother Annie Elizabeth was born in 1883!

peppie
14-11-09, 18:22
I saw the other trees and wondered...

Falkland Rd, Weedington Rd is near where OH grew up :d
I've checked the newspapers I've got access to also nowt there. :(

maggie_4_7
16-11-09, 17:46
I don't know whether to contact them, there's quite a few of them but looking at their trees I don't think they know as much as me and seem to have missed some integral information that is readily available on the internet! Of course it might be that they have other stuff but its just not on their online public trees!

Merry
19-11-09, 13:31
There are some Lewsey baps on FreeREG, don't know if you have seen them? There is a Robert, but no David as yet. Looks as if only up to 1837 has been transcribed.

maggie_4_7
20-11-09, 19:19
That's one of his ancestors - Robert born 1784 in Birdbrook, Essex, England - David Lewsey's Great Grandfather David's father was also called Robert and he died very young not long after David was born (haven't really looked at the deaths thats just by the census and widow state of Priscilla in 1871), David was his only child and as far as I know Priscilla's too, although David made up for it he had loads of children :d

Merry
20-11-09, 19:27
Oh, I didn't mean the 1784 one (I didn't see that!) I meant this one - David's father:

County Essex
Place Finchingfield
Church St John the Baptist
Register Number 1405
Baptism Date 24 Jun 1838
Forename Robert
Sex M
Father Forename John
Mother Forename Mary
Father Surname LEWSEY
Abode Finchingfield
Father Occupation Labourer
FileNumber 8670

maggie_4_7
20-11-09, 19:33
ooooh I've not seen that - that is David's father, grandfather and grandmother's name John Lewsey and Mary Arnold and its extracted :)

Thank you.

The Lewsey name is ripe for mistranscription.

I sort of stopped using the LDS because all I was finding was submitted records and I wasn't happy with them.

Merry
20-11-09, 19:38
I expect they just transcribed some more since you last looked. From memory there were about 10 or 12 baptisms for Lewsey in Finchingfield on FreeREG. I didn't look at marriages or burials.

maggie_4_7
20-11-09, 19:47
I will go and check it out but yes you're probably right I've done a lot of names to death on there and nothing and then suddenly they appear. But I forget to keep checking or get sidetracked.

Edit to say:

I realise you Merry were using FreeReg and I was thinking it was the LDS for some reason apologies for me not paying attention - cross purposes but thank you I am now looking on FreeREG too.