PDA

View Full Version : Irish Newspapers - findmypast

kiterunner
17-09-13, 13:11
Just seen this on the Irish findmypast site, will have to check whether it is on UK findmypast with world sub yet:
http://www.findmypast.ie/articles/news/extra-extra-read-all-about-your-ancestors-in-historical-irish-newspapers

kiterunner
17-09-13, 13:58
I don't think they are on the UK site yet, but of course you can search for free on the Irish site and you will get a free snippet of the story.

kiterunner
24-09-13, 18:38
They have announced this on the UK site now and I can search, but when I try to view an article it makes me log in again and then takes me to the subscription options, although I do have a full UK sub at the moment, so I take it that they are not included in the UK sub. Also then when I try to navigate back to their home page, it keeps taking me to the subscription options page instead which is quite annoying. I had to log off and log back in again to get away from this.

Having got back on, I can't see anything in their announcement which states that you need a world sub to access the Irish newspapers, in fact it invites you to go and search them now, so I find that quite misleading. http://www.findmypast.co.uk/content/news/irishnews

vallee
24-09-13, 20:10
I'm getting this message when I try to view the newspaper records so maybe its a glitch??

Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

Our support team have been notified of this error and will correct it as soon as possible.

findmypast.co.uk

Mary from Italy
24-09-13, 22:47
It's letting me read the Irish newspapers, and I only have the full UK sub.

kiterunner
25-09-13, 07:13
It's letting me read the Irish newspapers, and I only have the full UK sub.

Did you have any credits left? It isn't eating them up, is it? It still makes me log in again and then takes me to the subscription options page.

Mary from Italy
25-09-13, 10:09
Oops, you may be right. I'll go and check.

vallee
25-09-13, 13:06
just had an email from them and this is what it says at the bottom

Start filling in the gaps between the records with the Irish newspaper collection. Get unlimited access to these records and our worldwide collection by subscribing to our World subscription today, or try our pay as you go option to get started.

kiterunner
25-09-13, 14:28
Thanks, Val. I still think they should have made this clear in their announcement on the UK site.

vallee
25-09-13, 15:39
so do I ,I really was hoping to find somebody but not sure I want to pay more than the sub I already have.