PDA

View Full Version : Hannah Wade

kiterunner
13-09-13, 10:07
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Hannah Wade
Date and place of birth 11 Jul 1745 Norwich, Norfolk
Names of parents Robert Wade and Susanna Man
Date and place of baptism - if applicable 28 Jul 1745 St Edmund, Norwich, Norfolk
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 25 Dec 1776 St Edmund, Norwich, Norfolk, to Richard Bangay
Occupation(s) - if any Don't know
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!). 1745 - 1786 - Norwich, Norfolk
Date, place and cause of death Dec 1809 Norwich if burial is the right one
Date and place of burial. 20 Dec 1809 St Stephen, Norwich, Hannah Brown, widow, age 63. Not certain this is the right one.
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Not found
Memorial inscription - if any Not found

Link to daughter's thread:
Abigail Bangay (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=14108)

I suspect that the last time I looked at these people, FamilySearch was only letting me view a few Norfolk PR images at a time before coming up with an error message. Hopefully I can browse through them properly now!

kiterunner
13-09-13, 10:35
Found her baptism on FamilySearch - image no 10 of the Baptisms, Marriages and Burials. It's not very clear but I think it says she was born July 11th and baptised July 28th.

kiterunner
13-09-13, 15:33
Hmm, FreeREG has the marriage of a William Brown(e), widower, to a Hannah Bangay, widow, 30 May 1791 at St Paul, Norwich, witnesses Robert Wall and Robert Deary. There is a possible burial for Richard Bangay in 1788 but it says he is a widower which would mean that Hannah was dead by then if it is the same Richard, but I could never find a burial for Hannah. I can't remember whether I ever checked the actual image for that Richard Bangay one, and FamilySearch is acting up at the moment, but even if it really does say that, I suppose it could be a mistake.

Edit - I have managed to check the image now and it does say widower but maybe it is a mistake.

kiterunner
13-09-13, 15:44
Possible burial from FreeREG - Hannah Brown buried 20 Dec 1809 St Stephens, Norwich, age 63, widow. Of course there are lots of Hannah Browns around.

kiterunner
13-09-13, 15:53
And a few possible burials for William Brown, including one on 11 May 1794 at St Paul, Norwich, age 71, married man, pauper.

kiterunner
13-09-13, 17:49
I'm thinking there may be information on these people in the Norfolk Poor Law records on FamilySearch but they aren't indexed yet and there are a lot of "B" pages to look through!

kiterunner
19-09-13, 13:58
I've just posted on the Abigail Bangay thread that I have found an Abigal Bangay, daughter of Richard and Hannah, baptised in 1770, and buried in 1772 as Abigail Wade, daughter of Hannah Wade. Now looking at FamilySearch, there are a few baptisms of children with mother Hannah Wade and no father's name, so I need to look through those now.