PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Davies Bryant died Victoria Aus 1882

tenterfieldjulie
12-09-13, 23:55
I have just realised that I don't know where in Victoria Australia Thomas died and would appreciate any suggestions as to how to find where he is buried.
He was born in Stawell 1/4/1882, parents Benjamin and Catherine Mary Bryant, nee Davies. The next child Miriam Symons Bryant was born at Ballarat on 7 December 1883.
When Thomas died he was aged 7 months reg Victoria 12341.
The family were moving around following gold mines, so they were somewhere around Stawell or Ballarat I'd imagine.
I'm not sure if these records are freely available or whether I would have to look at microfilm. Thanks. Julie

HarrysMum
13-09-13, 04:03
His death is on Ancestry but only shows Victoria. Maybe that horrid Victorian gov site might show it, but I keep putting $5 for my records (99c each) and then can only get one.....so I'm obviously useless at that....lol

HarrysMum
13-09-13, 04:06
There's a tree on Ancestry says he was born Drake NSW. It has Miriam born Drake, marrying Perth and dying Stanthorpe.

Not sure how good that is as it seems a bit much to travel from Drake and down to Vic in time for Thomas' death and back to Drake for Miriam's birth.

HarrysMum
13-09-13, 04:08
Joyce B on her tree has much the same.

kiterunner
13-09-13, 07:27
Ancestry has a Thomas Davis Bryant listed in the Majorca, Victoria cemetery on their Australia Cemetery Index. It doesn't give a burial date.

tenterfieldjulie
13-09-13, 12:24
Lib All the trees are wrong about where they were born. I have the exact dates from a family bible and found the places where they were born on the NSW BDMs and the Vic ones from the old microfische. Thanks for that burial place Kate, I will go looking for Majorca, it isn't a place that I am aware of. Lots of places in the gold rush were only in existence for a short time, so it will be interesting to find if it still exists. Julie

HarrysMum
13-09-13, 12:26
Central goldfields Julie.

tenterfieldjulie
13-09-13, 12:34
By the way Miriam is my grandmother. She is the one on my avatar .. born in Ballarat East Vic, lived at Drake NSW, married in Coolgardie, WA (have original certificate) died in Stanthorpe Hospital, Qld and buried Tenterfield NSW (spirited back over the border lol)