PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the LDS site?

Rosie Knees
12-09-13, 07:06
I haven't done any research for years and am trying to ascertain if Hilda J Glazebrook - b1908 Newark - had any siblings. Was looking for the place where you can find baptisms and then search for more children by the same parents but am really confused:rolleyes: As they say, if you don't use it, you lose it lol.

Please can someone point me in the right direction?

Merry
12-09-13, 07:20
Ignoring your Q and only going for the actual answer to the Glazebrook, Ancestry have her as Helda Joyce Glazebrook and her mother says she has had 8 children, all living in 1911. They are all on the 1911 census page. Mum is 40, so possibility of a couple more! I don't have the time to type thm all out now.......back later.

LDS link is

https://familysearch.org/search

Rosie Knees
12-09-13, 07:33
Thanks Merry, I forgot about the 1911! Would appreciate some names when you get a minute if you don't mind.

Off to look at the link :)

Rosie Knees
12-09-13, 08:07
Blimey, don't recognise it it's changed so much!

By blundering around the free bit of 1911 I've found Dad and Mum George Buxton and Martha Ann, and 5 children: George B, Hilda,William H, Florence M and John C. Haven't found the Archibald I was hoping for but quite enjoying the research after all this time lol

kiterunner
12-09-13, 09:51
Don't forget that you can get a free list of names in the household on the 1911 census site:
http://www.1911census.co.uk/

Go onto the "full person search" and put in last name Glazebrook, other members of the household - first names Hilda Joyce, click search, and it will come up with all their names. Still no Archibald, though!

JessBow
12-09-13, 09:52
is this the Archibald?

Richard Glayebrook 38 Born Halam
Mary Am Glayebrook 32 born Potter Hanworth ( nee Coulson)
Georeg Glayebrook 9 Born Halam
Hilda Glayebrook 8 <<<<<<
John Glayebrook 7
Robert Glayebrook 6
Archiebal Glayebrook 3 <<<<<Born Halam
Elise Glayebrook 2 ( Elsie)
Henry Glayebrook 1
Edith Glayebrook18 Niece

Source Citation: Class: RG14; Piece: 20678.

there is Richard father there too - also Richard 81 born halam

Note:
Glazebrook rather than Glayebrook
Correction due to an error in transcription.

Submitted by aliglaze on 17/08/2013

( did yours marry Edith Hoyles in Louth District late 1930's, one son, 1944)

Merry
12-09-13, 13:35
The Hilda in the family Jess posted with a sibling called Archibald was registered as Hilda Mary:

Births Mar 1903
Glazebrook Hilda Mary Southwell 7b 460

I don't know if you now have the siblings for the other family, but in case you don't:

George Buxton 38 nurseryman b Newark
Martha Ann 40 married 14 years 8 children all living, b Newark
Children:
George Buxton 13
Ethel Lois 12
John Charles 10
Florence May 8
Samuel Robert 6
Dorothy Maud 4
Hilda Joyce 3
William Henry 8mths

All the children were born in Farndon, Notts except George 13 who was b in Newark like his parents.

In 1911 they were living at Farndon Road, Newark, Notts

There don't seem to have been any more children registered.

Merry
12-09-13, 13:54
Does it help if Hilda Joyce and Archibald (who doesn't seem to have been registered for birth with that name!) were second cousins??

Hilda's father was George Buxton Glazebrook b 1872 in Newark. His father was Samuel Glazebrook b about 1840 in Hallam.

Archibald's father was Richard Glazebrook b 1872 in Hallam. His father was Richard (as Jess already mentioned) b about 1830 in Hallam.

Samuel 1840 and Richard 1830 seem to be the children of John Glazebrook b about 1805 in Edingley, Notts (and probably of John's wife Ann, though I only looked at the 1851 census so don't know how long they had been married.)

Merry
12-09-13, 14:05
Archibald (who doesn't seem to have been registered for birth with that name!)

Oh, yes he was.....it's just spelled differently!

Births Sep 1907
GLAZERBROOK Archibald Southwell 7b 477

Rosie Knees
14-09-13, 09:36
Sorry, I'm back now. Be with you in a minute :)

Rosie Knees
14-09-13, 09:41
is this the Archibald?

Richard Glayebrook 38 Born Halam
Mary Am Glayebrook 32 born Potter Hanworth ( nee Coulson)
Georeg Glayebrook 9 Born Halam
Hilda Glayebrook 8 <<<<<<
John Glayebrook 7
Robert Glayebrook 6
Archiebal Glayebrook 3 <<<<<Born Halam
Elise Glayebrook 2 ( Elsie)
Henry Glayebrook 1
Edith Glayebrook18 Niece

Source Citation: Class: RG14; Piece: 20678.

there is Richard father there too - also Richard 81 born halam

Note:
Glazebrook rather than Glayebrook
Correction due to an error in transcription.

Submitted by aliglaze on 17/08/2013

( did yours marry Edith Hoyles in Louth District late 1930's, one son, 1944)

yes, I think so Jess. It is this one son (P, still living) who my OH went to school with and is now locally famous for growing large vegetables lol. He greatly resembles my late boss, who's MMN was Glazebrook, I'm trying to find a link between them. I had thought they may be first cousins but I'm just getting down what Merry has said and it appears they were seconds.

Rosie Knees
14-09-13, 10:26
Thank you, thank you. With this information I've ascertained that they are third cousins! I've loaded my FTM and created a tree for them as putting on paper was boggling my brain lol. It's amazing the similarity in their looks, although we do see it often on WDYTYA don't we?

Kate, I couldn't make the 1911 bring up the household names but then realised I wasn't following your instructions correctly. Duh! :rolleyes::)