PDA

View Full Version : a quickie ??...christian name not given

garstonite
03-09-13, 10:16
Good morning -
my aunty who is still alive aged 89 ( added - btw - my mums sister )
she married Arthur W Henry born 1925 Liverpool
his parents
John T Henry / mother named Malone ?
freebmd has 1925 Arthur W Henry - mmn Maloney - Liverpool

John T Henry is in Garston ageed 12 in 1911 census ....can someone find the street please ?....so - who did he marry ??
freebmd has a marriage 1923 has John T Henry - Maloney in Liverpool
but only FIVE names - Maloney is not shown - so I can`t find her christian name ... Lancsbmd doesn`t have the marriage - familysearch has John T in 1911 census - but no marriage
I presume Ancestry will have her first name ?...anyone have any other suggestions I can look at ??...don`t have a subscription for Ancestry -
I would imagine her name has to be somewhere ??/
open to advice - as always ...lol
cheers

Olde Crone
03-09-13, 10:29
Allan

I cannot see a 1923 marriage for a John T Henry on freebmd.

OC

Olde Crone
03-09-13, 10:34
Tsk tsk tsk! Wrong year Allan!

Here we go:

1922 John T Henry = Catherine Maloney Everton Emmanuel Liverpool.

OC

Elderflower
03-09-13, 10:35
That marriage is Sep Q 1922 West Derby 8b 500 Spouse is Catherine Maloney

Pat

garstonite
03-09-13, 10:49
sorry - typo ...little keyboard and BIG hands don`t always communicate ...lol...thank you both ....Catherine Maloney ...right ...now to find John T and Catherine Maloney parents ...Catherine sounds Catholic so might be on Liverpoolhistoryprojects.co.uk ...wish me luck

Olde Crone
03-09-13, 10:55
Emmanuel Church isn't RC though.

OC

garstonite
03-09-13, 10:58
ahh...that`s good - because I am pretty certain my uncle Arthur was C of E ...COUSINS ARE ...Lan Opc might help then ??
Cheers OC

Merry
03-09-13, 11:39
but only FIVE names - Maloney is not shown - so I can`t find her christian name

Allan, I'm not sure what you mean by five names, but when using FreeBMD for marriage lookups post 1912 you will see the surname of the spouse alongside the person you are looking up (in this case Maloney alongside Henry John T). To see the forename(s) of the spouse you need to click the page number alongside the entry (in this case Page 500 alongside John Henry's name). This will bring up the two or four names recorded for the page number. This doesn't always work, if someone has had part of their details incorrectly entered, but in this case it does. These are the names you should see after you've clicked the page number (500):

Marriages Sep 1922
BROOK George H Cropper W.Derby 8b 500
CROPPER Lucy V Brook West Derby 8b 500
HENRY John T Maloney West Derby 8b 500
MALONEY Catherine Henry W.Derby 8b 500

Merry
03-09-13, 11:48
It looks as if the John T Henry you saw on the 1911 census aged 12 may not have had a middle name when his birth was registered........

Just saying!

garstonite
03-09-13, 12:00
It looks as if the John T Henry you saw on the 1911 census aged 12 may not have had a middle name when his birth was registered........

Just saying!

Glad you think that as well - found TWO in Liverpool one in Kirkdale and one in West Derby Municipal - are they the 2 you found ?...John Henry - no T as middle name ....so which is my aunties father in law ?...it`s not that important - was just trying to find a bit of info for her ...the Catherine Maloney find will be good info for her ...will keep searching ...
Thanks Merry
ADDED
Just seen on Lancsbmd John W Henry for West Derby birth 1898 - so he can be ruled out.
so looks like Kirkdale 1899 birth
do you agree Merry ?

garstonite
03-09-13, 12:09
Tsk tsk tsk! Wrong year Allan!

Here we go:

1922 John T Henry = Catherine Maloney Everton Emmanuel Liverpool.

OC
Everton is on edge of Kirkdale - I get off at Kirkdale station to go and watch Everton FC play
1899 John Henry - Kirkdale
1905 Catherine Maloney - Kirkdale ...this would make Catherine 17 at her marriage ?
the three events are all very close in location ??

kiterunner
03-09-13, 12:54
I think you would be best to order a copy of the marriage certificate to find out John's full name, age at marriage and his father's details before you try to find him on the 1911 census etc, Allan.
And before you start trying to trace Catherine back too!

Merry
03-09-13, 12:55
Does the person you are doing this for know when John and Catherine died? I don't think you should move forward (I mean backward!! lol) without either definite dates of death from which you may be able to work out which are the right births, or (better still) the marriage cert with father's details.

Merry
03-09-13, 14:12
but only FIVE names - Maloney is not shown - so I can`t find her christian name

Allan, I'm not sure what you mean by five names,

I've just realised why you said 1923 instead of 1922 and found five names not four......

You were looking at the birth reg of their first child in 1923 rather than the marriage!! :D

garstonite
03-09-13, 20:11
Daft arent I ....LOL...
my aunty is 89 ...just getting info for her about her husbands family ...but it isn`t that important ...just something to chat about when I visit her ...her memory is brilliant , just forgets things that happened recently ..I will ask her - I will ask to see her marriage cert
thanks