PDA

View Full Version : FMP assistance

Just Gillian
30-08-13, 12:39
I've just discovered my last FMP credits expired while my most recent batch of visitors was here.

Would someone please be kind enough to look at the marriage of Jacob Hadrill and Ann Hunt 1870 St Margaret, Westminster and tell me if the fathers were William Hadrill, carpenter, and Thomas Hunt, umbrella maker?

Phoenix
30-08-13, 12:50
Yes they were. Witnesses Thomas and (by the looks of it) Harriet Hunt. Everyone could sign.

Phoenix
30-08-13, 12:51
Married after banns on Christmas Day.

Margaret in Burton
30-08-13, 12:53
Dec 25 1870, both full age.

He's a carpenter of 2 Carter St and she's of 66 York St.

Bachelor and spinster

His fathers name was William Hadrill a carpenter and her Thomas Hunt an umbrella maker.

Both signed their names and the witnesses were Thomas Hunt and either Ronald or Bernard Hunt ( it's smudged) or possibly Harriet as Phoenix says.

There were married by banns.

Just Gillian
30-08-13, 13:10
Thanks Phoenix and Marg, that's great. I had always been curious as to whether Jacob and his brother Joseph had married sisters but they weren't "important" enough to justify buying the certs.

Joseph married Ann's sister Hannah in 1877 so it's interesting to know that the brothers had obviously stayed in touch after migrating from Wiltshire. Hannah must have rued the day she met Joseph though as she and the children were in and out of the workhouse like yo-yos from the early 80s onwards, including a spell where she was deemed to be insane. Joseph took off in 1888.