PDA

View Full Version : Will fun

Kit
12-08-13, 11:34
quick search on google showed that one of OH's relatives, or so I thought, left a will. I was very excited as he was almost the end of the line and his name is quite rare. I also found the will of his son and wife.

The wife was a find as I thought she may have been known by another name and reading her will, first, confirmed she was married to my man. However I soon became concerned as she left everything to servants and cousins.

So off I go and read his will and he leaves things to his wife and godson, who also bears his name, meaning there are now at least 3, possibly four, men with this rare name. He also leaves some things to his brother.

It now looks like the man is the uncle of the person I thought he was although I need more info.

why oh why is nothing easy with this hobby of ours?

Nell
12-08-13, 14:06
Toni

Because if it was easy there'd be hardly any fun in doing it! Mind you I am thoroughly fed up with ex's Denisons. I am just very glad they aren't in my tree!

Kit
13-08-13, 01:48
Nell the fun was supposed to be the will confirming everything I had already. If only I could find parish records. Off for a better search.

Nell
13-08-13, 13:24
Let me know if you find the fun!

Kit
14-08-13, 01:27
Well the mystery man (MM) must be related. He was a plumber and ancestry have the apprenticeship records of another son of OH's relative, John and MM. It is good as familysearch have a list of possible children for John and I feel more comfortable that they are more children and not another family. Just wish I knew if John and MM are brothers.

There was some fun amongst the frustration Nell. ;)