PDA

View Full Version : What happended to Eliza Ann Bebbington after 1901?

JayG
27-07-13, 20:31
She was the daughter of William Bebbington and Emma Moulton.

Her birth was registered in March 1891 at Congleton (Cheshire).

1891 census as Elizabeth Bebbington born Alsager, Cheshire aged 4 months.

1901 census as Eliza Bebington born Alsager, Cheshire aged 10.

Not managed to find her in 1911. She's not with her parents but their 3 other children are and it says 4 children born and 4 alive.

From my notes i've ruled out the marriages to John C Tunnicliffe 1920 and John Cross 1943, but can't remember why now :confused:

Merry
27-07-13, 21:27
I don't know Cheshire at all, so unless I research it, I don't know which places are close to Alsager. I just saw there is a servant called Annie Bebbington on the 1911 census aged 20 b Alsager, but when I look at Ann* Bebbington's on the 1901 census none are b at Alsager, but of course how many people put the same birthplace each time!!I just wondered if the Holdcroft family had forgotten the name of their servant! :rolleyes:

JayG
27-07-13, 21:43
I'm still getting to grips with Cheshire as it's only since the release on the 1911 census i've been able to make progress on a great great grandmother's line.

I've only been looking for Eliza* not Ann* so i've not pick up that Annie, she looks like a good candidate to be Eliza Ann, who had a younger sister Elizabeth so maybe she went by Ann/ie as an adult.

I think I know why I ruled the marriages out as there's a younger Eliza Ann who I think married then divorced John Tunnicliffe then married John Cross. Need to double check.

Thanks Merry.

JayG
27-07-13, 21:51
The other Eliza Ann Bebbington was born Dec 1896 Stoke on Trent. I think she married John Tunnicliffe 1920 (Wolstanton) then John Cross 1943 (Stoke). Then there's a death of Eliza Ann Cross March 1976 Stoke and her DOB is 16 Sept 1896 so all that seems to tie up

There's no other marriages for Eliza A Bebbington in the index.

JayG
27-07-13, 22:02
Hmmm, there's a death of an Annie Bebbington Dec 1967 Crewe, Cheshire who was born ca1891. Her mother died at Crewe so I wonder if she did become Annie. Wonder if Cheshire RO will confirm if she's a spinster on the death cert.