Walter Mitchell
Date and place of birth
c1751 Cuckfield, Sussex
Names of parents
Walter & Mary Mitchell [nee Heborn]
Date and place of baptism - if applicable
8 Sep 1751 Holy Trinity, Cuckfield, Sussex
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
28 Mar 1776 Holy Trinity, Cuckfield, Sussex to Sarah Langley witnesses: John M George, Edward Stammer
Occupation(s) - if any
?
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
Cuckfield
Date, place and cause of death
Brook Street, Cuckfield, Sussex
Date and place of burial.
6 Oct Holy Trinity, Cuckfield aged 65 of Brook Street
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
nk
Memorial inscription - if any
none

Link to son Thomas Mitchell (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15655&highlight=thomas+mitchell)
Wife Sarah Langley (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=242715#post242715)

Crafty Sue
27-07-13, 17:39
Hi Jill,

Walter & Sarah Mitchell are also my 5x gt grandparents, their son Samuel is my line. So does that makes us distant cousins?

I have Walter's parents as Walter & Mary nee Hubern (married 04 Apr 1746 in Cuckfield) & this Walter's parents as possibly (yet another) Walter & Elizabeth.

It's a while since I've looked at this side of my family & most of the info is from Familysearch - so not confirmed with parish registers. I did start to get confused with so many Walters.

Perhaps we should compare notes?

Sue :)

Jill
27-07-13, 18:09
Sue - you are related to my husband then, his mum was a Mitchell and we are still near Cuckfield. I'm a member of Sussex Family History Group and most of my info has come from the members only transcripts on their website and their Sussex Marriage Index CD.

Crafty Sue
27-07-13, 18:56
This is my maternal 3x gt grandmothers line (Jane Mitchell bn 1806 Cuckfield to Samuel & Jane).

I have been checking my notes & think I need to look again at Samuel Mitchell & who his parents are, there seem to be a few Samuel's born around this time! As I said, it's been a while since I've looked at this family & it seems there is more info on the internet now.

I have just filled in the on-line form to join the Sussex FHS, so hopefully that will help. Unfortunately I can't visit the records office very easily.

I will keep you posted :)

Sue