PDA

View Full Version : Francis Freemantle

kiterunner
19-07-13, 07:20
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Francis Freemantle
Date and place of birth Don't know
Names of parents Don't know
Date and place of baptism - if applicable Not found
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 1 Sep 1765 at St Dunstan in the West, London, to Isabella Buie, witnesses Geo Peter Christian and Samuel Buie.
Occupation(s) - if any Vintner and Victualler.
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!). 1765 - Liberty of the Rolls, London
1766 - Rolls Buildings, London
1768 - Whites Alley, St Dunstan in the West, London
1770-1778 Horselydown, London / Surrey
1781 - Parish Street, St John's Southwark (= Horselydown), London / Surrey

Date, place and cause of death Nov 1792 London, not got cause
Date and place of burial. 18 Nov 1792 St John's Horselydown, age not given but I think it must be him.
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable None found
Memorial inscription - if any Not found

Link to daughter's thread:
Elizabeth Freemantle (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=13629)

kiterunner
19-07-13, 07:22
Entry in London Gazette 8 Sep 1781 "Set at Large from and surrendered, or tendered to be surrendered, to the King's Bench prison in the County of Surry - Second Notice: Francis Freemantle, formerly and late of Parish street St. John's Southwark in the County of Surry, Victualler". I haven't managed to figure out whether he was being imprisoned or freed at this stage.

There is a marriage between John Tait wid and Elizabeth Fremantel wid at 25 Dec 1748 at St John Horsleydown, by licence, both of St Olaves. Also a Frances Freemantle buried 20 Feb 1770 St John Horsleydown. May or may not be connected.

There is a baptism for an Anne Freemantle 29 Mar 1723 at St Nicholas, Deptford, Kent, daughter of Francis Freemantle shipwright in New Street. Wonder if this is connected.

Some more tenuous stuff: Francis Freemantle married Catherine Clinsey 25 Jan 1739 St Edmund, Salisbury, Wiltshire. Francis Freemantle baptised 20 Apr 1740 same church, parents Francis and Catherine. Thomas Freemantle baptised 26 Apr 1743 St Modwen, Burton on Trent, Staffs, buried 28 Apr 1743 same church, parents Francis and Katherine. Sarah Freemantle baptised 7 May 1744 Linstead (Lynsted), Kent, father Francis. Sarah Freemantle married Richard Butler 13 Apr 1765 St Paul Covent Garden, Westminster. Licence, listed in the Gentleman's Magazine. Image doesn't seem to be on FMP although it should. But some public trees on ancestry say this is a different Sarah from the one baptised Linstead anyway.

Shona
19-07-13, 07:45
From London Lives - mentions a Richard Freemantle of Horsleydown.

We whose Names are here to subscribed do
Certify, that Mr Edward Tapp haston some time
part Laboured among us as a Minister of
the Gospell, being a protestant Dissenter of the
Denomination of Baptists & is of good report
being to us well Known as to his moral
Character & Conduct

Augt 3d. 1774 I do hereby
Certify that I baptized W: Edwd
Tapp according to the form used
among protestant dissenters of
that Denomination.