PDA

View Full Version : John Coker & Elizabeth Mann

Asa
12-07-13, 20:32
John Coker may be the one who was baptised 22 Jun 1788 at St Mary Whitechapel, London, son of John and Elizabeth Coker of Cable Street but I have no real evidence of that.

Elizabeth was baptised as Sarah Elizabeth Mann 2 Mar 1788 at St Mary Whitechapel, London, daughter of John (a weaver) and Martha of George Yard but the name Sarah is never used.

John and Elizabeth married 8 Feb 1807 at St George in the East Stepney, London. Both made their mark as did the witnesses, Elizabeth's parents John and Martha. I know of five children born to the marriage between 1807 and 1818.

Addresses - 1807 Princes Street, Whitechapel, 1810/13 Great Garden Street, Whitechapel, 1815 Gulston Square, St Mary Whitechapel, 1821 Wills Street, Mile End.

John was a scavenger in 1813 and a carman 1815/21.

I don't know what happened to John but Elizabeth is alive in 1841 living in George Street, Bethnal Green with daughter Martha and possibly daughter Elizabeth and their families. She is described as 'Assistant'.

I don't know when Elizabeth died but I guess that most of the family were buried in Tower Hamlets.