PDA

View Full Version : Printing off census images

JBee
06-07-13, 15:42
I'm having terrible trouble printing off the image of a census off ancestry as I like to have paper copies.

If I use the print above the image it comes out quite small.

If I right click on it I only get a portion - the same as if I email it to myself.
Even tried clicking file and changing page setup to no avail.

How can I get a full size copy (that I can read!! lol)?

What am I doing wrong?
Any suggestions greatly appreciated as I have loads to print off to get my files up to date.

WendyPusey
06-07-13, 15:51
I always save a copy of the file to my PC and then print from there.

JBee
06-07-13, 16:01
How do you do that Wendy? - I tried save picture and it only saved a portion of the image.

WendyPusey
06-07-13, 16:45
I just right click and "Save image..." Remeber to give it a unique name though.

JBee
06-07-13, 17:11
Did that Wendy but still only half the image - wonder what is wrong.

Just Gillian
07-07-13, 07:03
I've just experimented Julie as I haven't saved/printed one for a while. I'm using firefox.

If I right click and save image, a black image is saved. I only have the option of saving as All Files using this method.

If I click on the Save button and save to computer, the image is saved as a normal, full size one.

WendyPusey
07-07-13, 07:57
I have no problems saving the census image. I use Firefox and I just right click on the image and choose Save image as... I change the name (ie census 1978.jpg) and save it.

I get a full picture which I can then print. Works every time.

JBee
07-07-13, 08:08
Sorry got caught up with a stray grandchild I found on a census - then had to follow it through which parents, spouse, children etc. took hours!!!

I have no idea what programme I save the images on - don't think it's firefox though.

I right clicked and got save image which I did but only got a partial image saved. Even emailing it myself got the same result.

Maybe it's a blip with my computer will have another go when I get back.

Thanks both

Shona
07-07-13, 08:12
With the image open, I simply click normally on the Save button on the top-right and choose to Save to my Computer. The image automatically saves to my Downloads folder and I print it from there.

Shona
07-07-13, 08:16
With the image open, if I click on the Print button, the image prints fine. However, with this option, I have to change the orientation to landscape. The image prints slightly smaller than if I opt for Save to My Computer, but is still OK.

Durham Lady
07-07-13, 14:48
Did you allow the census to fully download on the Ancestry page before saving to your computer? I found if I didn't give it time then I only got a part of the page, too impatient for my own good at times.

JBee
07-07-13, 22:46
Well had another go and it still not printing properly from my computer.

However if I print from my laptop I get the whole image but can't highlight sections of the transcription page which I can do on my computer.

So honestly don't have a clue why it's happening now when it didn't used to be such a problem. Wonder if OH has been messing with the programmes.