PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry - View all new records

Just Gillian
06-07-13, 13:46
In the past, after clicking on "View all new records" on the home page, I could then select "United Kingdom" from the New and Updated menu. This then gave me a list of UK new records.

This seems to have stopped working for me and selecting UK just gives me the same list as "All countries".

Is this the same for everyone else?

Sue from Southend
06-07-13, 14:13
It's the same for me too, Gillian. Strangely if you click Australian or French you get the correct list!

Just Gillian
06-07-13, 14:34
Thanks Sue.
I presume you mean you get Australian for Australian and French for French, rather than UK for either of the above?

It's irritating as they only ever show one page of updates. I'll send Ancestry a message (if I can remember how!) and will just have to remember to check more frequently in future.

Kit
23-07-13, 02:28
I have the same thing. I sent a message to them on FB and they are aware of the problem and are working on fixing it.

Just Gillian
23-07-13, 13:50
Thanks Kit. I emailed them on the 6th and was thinking about giving them a nudge but will leave it a bit longer in view of what you've said.

Janet
23-07-13, 14:25
Coming from a computer programming background, to me, "aware of the problem and are working on fixing it" could mean anything from "my manager expects me to sleep under my desk until this is fixed" to "yes, somebody else already told us it's broken but nobody upstairs will let us work on it until we finish their endless pet projects."

Just saying you might want at some point to put your thumb on the scale for fixing it sooner rather than later. :rolleyes:

Just Gillian
24-07-13, 17:54
Janet, my reply from them on 8/07 was
"We have passed on your feedback and our content department have been advised of this issue and are working to have it fixed as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in this matter."
I'll give them a week and chase it up again!

Janet
25-07-13, 02:30
:D:rolleyes:;)

Ann from Sussex
26-07-13, 15:36
:D:rolleyes:;)

Oh Janet, you cynic! ;)

kiterunner
26-07-13, 18:44
Seems to have been fixed now.

Janet
27-07-13, 02:58