Clement Rison/Rizen/Raison

Date and place of birth

c 1725 in Pakenham, Suffolk

Names of parents

Abraham Rizen and Elizabeth Pettit

Date and place of baptism - if applicable

24 March 1725 in Pakenham, Suffolk

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any

20 November 1760 at St George's, Shimpling to Mary Bround (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=17930)

Occupation(s) - if any

Unknown

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).

daughter born 1767 in Shimpling, Suffolk

Date, place and cause of death

1784 in Shimpling, Suffolk

Date and place of burial.

6 March 1784 at St George's, Shimpling, Suffolk

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable

Unknown

Memorial inscription - if any

Unknown

Link to daughter: Mary Rison (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13483)

kiterunner
08-07-13, 09:00
FamilySearch has baptisms for John Rison, son of Clement and Mary, 6 Oct 1761 Suffolk, Elizabeth Rison, daughter of Clement and Mary, 15 Apr 1770 Shimpling, Suffolk, and Richard Risen, son of Clement and Mary, 4 Mar 1775 Shimpling. Also a burial for John Rison, son of Clement and Mary, 30 Nov 1761.

They have a baptism for a Clement Rizen, son of Abraham and Elizabeth, 24 Mar 1725 at Pakenham, Suffolk. And a burial for Clement Raison 6 Mar 1784 at Shimpling.

Margaret in Burton
08-07-13, 14:14
FamilySearch has baptisms for John Rison, son of Clement and Mary, 6 Oct 1761 Suffolk, Elizabeth Rison, daughter of Clement and Mary, 15 Apr 1770 Shimpling, Suffolk, and Richard Risen, son of Clement and Mary, 4 Mar 1775 Shimpling. Also a burial for John Rison, son of Clement and Mary, 30 Nov 1761.

They have a baptism for a Clement Rizen, son of Abraham and Elizabeth, 24 Mar 1725 at Pakenham, Suffolk. And a burial for Clement Raison 6 Mar 1784 at Shimpling.

Thanks Kate.

I don't get on with the new layout on family search too well, hate it in fact. I'm annoyed with myself at the burial as I have the parish registers for Shimpling on fiche and have transcribed all of them from 1750 to 1900. Should have looked.

Margaret in Burton
16-07-13, 13:50
I have been looking for a marriage for Clement and Mary. FMP have one 20 November 1760 at Shimpling, Suffolk. Clement Risen and Mary Bround.

As I said previously I have transcribed the PR's for Shimpling from microfiche. I have this marriage as Ernest Risin.

I no longer have a fiche reader so can't check. 1760 the registers are a bit hard to read sometimes. Could I have mistaken Clement for Ernest? Could the two names be confused in old writing?

I would appreciate opinions.

kiterunner
16-07-13, 15:57
Yes, I can imagine Clement being misread as Ernest. And there weren't many Ernests around in 1760.

Margaret in Burton
16-07-13, 16:02
Yes, I can imagine Clement being misread as Ernest. And there weren't many Ernests around in 1760.

Thanks Kate, I just needed confirmation. I've been scribbling both names to compare.