PDA

View Full Version : Philip Robbins

Cal
29-06-13, 12:44
Name - "official" name and what they were known as - Philip Robbins

Date and place of birth - 1786, Wiltshire

Names of parents - UNKNOWN

Date and place of baptism - if applicable - UNKNOWN

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any - 12 Sep 1804 in Stert, Wilts, to Ann Raymond; 1834 in Devizes, Wilts, to Sarah Bridall

Occupation(s) - if any - Ag Labourer (1841 Census and marriage record of daughter Elizabeth)

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1941 Census: St James Place, Bishops Cannings, Wilts

Date, place and cause of death - 3rd Qtr 1849, Devizes district, cause unknown

Date and place of burial. - UNKNOWN

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable

Memorial inscription - if any

ElizabethHerts
29-06-13, 14:43
Two baptisms to bear in mind (remember the 1841 census was meant to round ages down)

28 Jan1783
Philip Robins
Fathers forenames:Philip
Mothers forenames:Hannah
Place: Devizes
Description: St John
County: Wiltshire

24 Sep 1792
Philip Robins
Fathers forenames:Richard
Mothers forenames:Martha
Place: Devizes
Description: St John
County: Wiltshire

Cal
29-06-13, 22:21
Oh that's great Elizabeth, I hadn't found either baptism! There's no way I can tell which one it is, is there.... not without another source? Ann Raymond's baptism was 27 June 1784 but that doesn't mean anything...

Cal

ElizabethHerts
30-06-13, 07:09
Cal, are there any clues from the names given to Philip's children?

By the way, welcome to GF! I see you have just joined us. This is a very friendly site and I'm sure you will get lots of assistance with your research.

Cal
30-06-13, 12:05
Thank you for your welcome, Elizabeth!

I'm not sure that there's anything useful in the children's info

Elizabeth b 1823-25 Devizes, Wilts, married Josiah Hiscock 11 July 1847.

John b 1824 Devizes, Wilts, married (I think) Elizabeth Underwood 1842

Jane b ca 1827, presumed Devizes. Only ever found in 1841 census.

I know that Elizabeth's father's name was Philip, and that he was an ag. lab. - info from her marriage certificate. The Philip Robbins/Ann Raymond combo is the only one that I've ever found that has made sense EXCEPT that Philip and Ann married in 1804 and these 3 children were born 1823-27. Yet the 1841 census has Philip (the father of these children) aged 55. I guess since I have not located baptism records for any of the children, there may have been several others and these three were the only ones still at home in 1841.

It's a puzzle!

Cal

Jill
01-07-13, 14:16
Hello Cal, I'd like to echo Elizabeth's welcome too - I have now bought the Hawes will that Elizabeth found & you messaged me about and will put details on the relevant thread Joseph Hawes (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15126&highlight=joseph+hawes)

Cal
02-07-13, 11:03
Thanks for your message Jill! It's good to see the results of William Hawes' will