PDA

View Full Version : Can someone look at this for me to see what you think.

Zoemcdougall
29-06-13, 09:08
1881 England census piece 1554, Folio 18, pg 29.

A long shot I know & probably clutching at straws, Looking for my great grandfather again.

on this census has
Henry Jones, born Bedford,
Hannah born Derby,
Sarah J, Derby,
Edward born Sheffield then
Rose born Northampton (Florence Rose)

Could it be possible that the place of birth for Henry is Bidford & not Bedford.

ElizabethHerts
29-06-13, 09:51
I think it is definitely Bedford, Zoe. That is going by a comparison with other words where there is the letter e.

Zoemcdougall
29-06-13, 10:16
Thankyou Elizabeth, just looking at different avenues.

JBee
30-06-13, 12:49
Could Henry be a middle name?

JBee
30-06-13, 12:53
I can't see them on the 1871 or 1891 census - have you had better luck?

kiterunner
30-06-13, 15:02
Think you need to read through this thread to see the answer to that, Julie:

http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13877&highlight=jones

See you in a while!

JBee
30-06-13, 15:27
I see what you mean - be back later

Zoemcdougall
30-06-13, 15:51
Thank you Julie & Kate.

Just clutching at straws again with this side of the family, But just can seem to leave it alone I should give up.
Something inside me thinks the answers must be out there.
But One thing I have found out that about is that Edward definitely owned Abergafren farm. Porthmadog.
Which I know Kate asked me once if I knew if it was owned by him or rented
It was owned by Edward then was taken over by his son William, & after William died in 1957 the farm was sold by wife Ellen.
The Owner of Abergafren Farm before Edward was a Henry Jones!. But think this is just a coincidence.
Also come to light that his youngest daughter who is still alive and very reluctant to give me any info about her father. |The house that Edward moved into after leaving the farm she complete emptied it, while her siblings were arranging his funeral.

Could she hold the clue to his start in life.

There is one question I have in my head that I would like an answer on but if I ask it you may think I'm being daft.

kiterunner
30-06-13, 16:19
Ask it anyway, Zoe!

Zoemcdougall
30-06-13, 18:43
Here is my daft question, When you get married these days you have to produce your birth cert as proof of identity, what would they have done when getting married in 1899.

kiterunner
30-06-13, 19:12
Not a daft question at all. I don't think they had to prove their identity in the UK those days when getting married, but they had to either have the banns read, or get a licence or certificate to say they could get married, and they had to sign their name or make their mark on the marriage certificate.

Zoemcdougall
30-06-13, 19:29
Thankyou Kate, was just hoping he needed to produce a birth cert. Wishful thinking!

JBee
30-06-13, 21:06
Have gone through the thread and can't really see anything that Kite and Merry haven't already tried.

Zoemcdougall
30-06-13, 21:31
Thankyou Julie & Kate. I think it's time I gave up on looking for info him,
His Youngest daughter must know something & doesn't want us to know about her father.
My suspicions tell she was a shamed of his early live.

A BIG Thank you to everyone who has tried to help me in my Quest for looking for him.