28-06-13, 09:44
Name - "official" name and what they were known as John Beech
Date and place of birth About 1776, Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire
Names of parents Hugh Beech and Elizabeth Rhodes
Date and place of baptism - if applicable 20 Jul 1777 Wolstanton, Staffordshire
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any About 1801 to Hannah
22 Apr 1822 at St Mary Stockport to Alice Shepley
Occupation(s) - if any Iron moulder
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1802-1810 Stockport, Cheshire (children's baptisms)
1811-1814 Portwood, Stockport, Cheshire (children's baptisms)
1815-1817 Stockport, Cheshire (children's baptisms)
1841 census - Union Street, Stockport, Cheshire
1851 census - 88 Ratcliffe Street, Stockport, Cheshire
Date, place and cause of death 21 Nov 1851 3 Union Street, Stockport, Cheshire, Rheumatism, Disease of the Heart, Pneumonia
Date and place of burial. 25 Nov 1851 St Mary, Stockport, Cheshire
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Nothing on Cheshire Wills Database so probably none.
Memorial inscription - if any
John Beech died Nov 1851 age 74, St Mary, Churchgate, Stockport, Cheshire

Link to son's thread:
Isaac Beech (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=13410)

There is a likely marriage 1 May 1800 at Cheadle, Cheshire, John Beech / Hannah Holland, but last time I checked, FMP only had the Bishop's Transcripts entry for this marriage and it only gave the names and the date. Their first child that I know of was Isaac Beech born 22 Apr 1802 at Stockport, so another possible marriage would be John Beech / Hannah Cook 1 Nov 1801 at Sandbach, Cheshire, but there is a John and Hannah couple having children baptised at Sandbach so I don't think that is the marriage. Update - the John Beech who married Hannah Cook was a widower, so that would not fit with Hannah being his first wife according to the MI. Also he was a farmer and my John was an iron moulder.

kiterunner
28-06-13, 10:05
Hannah is apparently described as his 1st wife on the memorial inscription, so now I need to find a second wife!

kiterunner
28-06-13, 10:12
Found her - Alice 2nd wife died Nov 1838 age 60. I have also found a couple of John and Hannah's children in the memorial inscriptions.

kiterunner
28-06-13, 10:30
The marriage to Alice is on FamilySearch - John Beech married Alice Shepley 22 Apr 1822 at St Mary Stockport. I wonder whether FMP has the parish register entry for this one.
Edit - yes, found it and Alice is a widow. Marriage by banns, witnesses Geo Cooper and John Wood.

kiterunner
28-06-13, 10:45
I have found a likely first marriage for Alice - James Shepley married Alice Hallden 28 Jan 1798 at Manchester Cathedral. There are baptisms of children of James and Alice Shepley at Stockport and a James Shepley buried there in Mar 1821, age 42. The image is on ancestry and all the marriages on that page have only one witness - a Henry Aspinall.