PDA

View Full Version : Wdytya 2013

Shona
27-06-13, 08:55
The people selected for the new series are:

- Una Stubbs (actress)
- Nigel Havers (actor - from a famiky of barristers)
- Minnie Driver (actress)
- Lesley Sharp (actress)
- Gary Lineker (Mr Football)
- Nick Hewer (from The Apprentice)
- Sarah Millican (comedienne)
- Nitrin Ganatra (Eastenders' actor)
- Marianne Faithful (singer, muse, etc)
- John Simpson (journo)

I know Lesley Sharp was adopted, Minnie Driver has French and Italian branches in her tree and that Marianne Faithful's mum was an Austrian Baroness.

*crossing fingers than the men don't go down the 'what daddy did in the war' road*

kiterunner
27-06-13, 09:28
I love Nigel Havers, so I'm looking forward to that one. For once, I would recognise nearly all of them, only Nick Hewer and Nitin Ganatra are unknown names to me.

Merry
27-06-13, 10:54
Oooh, I know who most of those are too (unusual for me!). I don't know who Nitrin Ganatra is, but I don't watch East Enders and Lesley Sharp is only vaguely known to me.

I remember Nigel Havers going back to him being in a Horseman Riding By in 1977. I used to watch it with my gran and we both thought NH was lovely! (just googled and he also looked very young indeed in 1977!!)

kiterunner
27-06-13, 12:48
I loved A Horseman Riding By too. I remember that the Radio Times didn't put his name in the cast list for the final episode as it would have been a giveaway that his character was still alive! If only they were still so bothered about not giving away spoilers...

Shona
27-06-13, 12:56
Oooh, I know who most of those are too (unusual for me!). I don't know who Nitrin Ganatra is, but I don't watch East Enders and Lesley Sharp is only vaguely known to me.

I remember Nigel Havers going back to him being in a Horseman Riding By in 1977. I used to watch it with my gran and we both thought NH was lovely! (just googled and he also looked very young indeed in 1977!!)

Nitrin was also in Bride and Prejudice.

kiterunner
09-07-13, 10:00
Mark Strong isn't going to be doing the narration! *cries*

Cherie Lunghi is taking over from him.

Shona
09-07-13, 10:15
*sobs*

Shona
16-07-13, 14:11
The first episode of the new series is on BBC1 on Wednesday 24 July - can't find the running order, though.

kiterunner
17-07-13, 08:17
WDYTYA magazine shows this as the running order:
1 Una Stubbs
2 Nigel Havers
3 Minnie Driver
4 Lesley Sharp
5 Gary Lineker
6 Nick Hewer
7 Sarah Millican
8 Nitin Ganatra
9 Marianne Faithfull
10 John Simpson.

i.e. in the same order as in your original post, Shona!

Shona
17-07-13, 12:32
In the same order as in your original post, Shona!

:o:o:o

Piwacket
26-07-13, 19:43
Oooh - all ready for the drooling next week then :D

I shall be very interested to see what's said about Marianne Faithfull as she's a local girl and I knew her for a while when in the same Student theatre group when we were in our teens.