PDA

View Full Version : Lincolnshire PRs - findmypast

Sue from Southend
04-06-13, 15:37
These are now browsable on Find My Past (non-indexed) I'm guessing that they're the scans from "Lincs to the Past" but wonder if they're more user friendly? I don't have a sub to FMP at present and wondered if someone could give their opinion?

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/search/life-events-bmds/lincolnshire/browse-images/

kiterunner
04-06-13, 16:20
I don't have a sub at the moment so I can't check, but I don't think anything could possibly be less user-friendly than Lincs to the Past!

JayG
04-06-13, 17:49
Yay .... You can view the images on the whole screen, no logo in the way! 100% on 'Lincs to the past'.

When FMP added the Canterbury Collection they were unindexed but add transcripts later, hopefully they do the same with the Lincs images.

Mary from Italy
04-06-13, 17:59
The images are much easier to view, but they're numbered numerically, so you don't know which image relates to which year, and you have to find the right one by trial and error.

OK if you have a sub, but you could waste a lot of credits that way.

ElizabethHerts
04-06-13, 19:35
Very weird!

Harpswell parish - 23 images, a huge number of pages omitted.
Image 5 1605
images 6 and 7 Error
Image 8 1779

Sue from Southend
04-06-13, 20:33
Thanks everyone! Perhaps I won't get a new sub just yet, unless I can get OH to cough up as the Lincolnshire ancestors are all his. I don't have to tell him that FMP have a lot of London records too....:d

kiterunner
13-06-13, 19:18
They've announced it in their news section now:
http://www.findmypast.co.uk/content/news/lincoln

Phoenix
18-06-13, 20:58
Very weird!

Harpswell parish - 23 images, a huge number of pages omitted.
Image 5 1605
images 6 and 7 Error
Image 8 1779

Similar for Snelland: a sample of 7 images. I assume this is work in progress. However, it is by far more user friendly than the Lincs to the Past site.

Margaret in Burton
19-06-13, 18:18
Similar for Snelland: a sample of 7 images. I assume this is work in progress. However, it is by far more user friendly than the Lincs to the Past site.

Anything is more user friendly than the Lincs to the Past site. Has anyone ever complained to them about it?