PDA

View Full Version : Mary Fruin

Jenoco
11-05-13, 01:37
Name – Mary Fruin
Date and place of birth: Mapledurham, Oxfordshire
Names of parents: unknown
Date and place of baptism - if applicable
Details of each of his or her marriages : 16 November 1762, Streatley, Berkshire to Benjamin Belchier
Occupation(s) - if any
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
Date, place and cause of death
Date and place of burial. 16 December 1813, Streatley, Berkshire

Shona
11-05-13, 11:46
Was she born in Mapledurham or was living here when she married?

Jenoco
12-05-13, 17:02
You're right, the register says "of Mapledurham", so she wasn't necessarily born there.

Shona
13-05-13, 15:30
There is a Mary Frewin, baptised in Box, Oxon, 19 April 1741, parents John and Mary. This couple also baptised a son named Richard on 3 December 1738 in Bix.

Another possible is a baptism for Mary Frewin in Ardington, Berks, 14 Oct 1741, parents John and Mary. Siblings of this Mary were - John (bpt 9 July 1727) and William (24 July 1737).

Jenoco
14-05-13, 02:06
Ooh, thanks Shona. I'll have to investigate further. Bix is about 10 miles from Mapledurham, but Ardington is further away. Perhaps following up on the siblings might help.

Another thing to add to my list for researching when I'm in England next month :)

Asa
14-05-13, 09:23
Jenny, you might know this but Frewin/ Fruin pops up a lot in south Oxfordshire and of course most of those parishes between Henley and Wallingford aren't on the IGI

Asa
14-05-13, 16:49
Maybe as a bit of a guide, there are quite a few marriage bonds for the name on the Oxfordshire marriage bonds, a few in Caversham which is next to Mapledurham and quite a few wills on Origins.net, including Caversham and Ipsden

Jenoco
15-05-13, 01:35
Thanks for that Asa - I always forget to look at the marriage bonds and I'll check Origins. I'm going home next month so will also check the parish registers at Henley Library to see if I can find anything (can't get to Oxford RO unfortunately).

I thought it was a "local name" as I can remember some Frewin families from my childhood.

Asa
16-05-13, 17:07
I get to Henley library quite often - they have a some of the PRs on disc now - but never get to Oxford these days. If you ever want me to have a look at anything, let me know.

Jenoco
17-05-13, 01:37
Thank you Asa, If I don't get time while I'm there, I will take you up on your kind offer.