PDA

View Full Version : Robert Farthing (OHs)

marquette
15-04-13, 23:47
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Robert Farthing
Date and place of birth abt 1737 Kingston St Mary, Somerset, England
Names of parents Richard Farthing (Junior) and Joan Elliott (of Broomfield)or John Farthing and Magdalene
Date and place of baptism - if applicable 23 Sep 1737 or3 Jul 1744 Kingston St Mary Somerset
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
married Betty Stoate 12 Aug 1769, Kingston St Mary, Somerset

Children: Richard (1769), Mary Stoate (1770), Elizabeth (1773), Robert (1775), Sarah (1778), Betty (1781), Anna (1783), Martha (1786)
Occupation(s) - if any not known
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
Date, place and cause of death
Date and place of burial. . Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable. Possible Robert Farthing Kingston St Mary 23 Jun 1803 or 6 Jan 1803Memorial inscription - if any

Back in 2010, I was did not a lot of info about this family. This is the link to grand-daughter Mary Hawkins, daughter of Thomas Hawkins and Mary Stoate Farthing. I did not do TOGG4 Thomas Hawkins and Mary Stoate Farthing. Now I have investigated there are lots of links between the Hawkins, Farthings, Stoate and Morrish families in Kingston and Taunton.http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7352&highlight=mary+stoate+farthing

I will just add Betty on this thread, as I don't know enough about her to make a separate one

Betty Stoat(e)
There is a baptism 1753 in Kingston St Mary, but this makes her only 16 in 1769 and according to other family trees died in 1819. There is a burial for Betty Farthing aged 66 (Yarford) 7 Dec 1819
If so, baptised 26 Jun 1753 to William and Mary Stoate