PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful new contact

Mary from Italy
01-04-13, 13:05
Just had a message through GenesReunited.

Heading:
Request to View Your Tree

kiterunner
01-04-13, 13:10
That reminds me of the one I got once asking whether my Elizabeth Unknown (birthplace unknown) had a son called William. They got most offended when I asked them if they were joking!

ElizabethHerts
01-04-13, 13:33
Mary, I've had a few of those.

I find GR very odd - after a silence of many months I have had two e-mails today, both pertaining to twiglets of my tree. They couldn't have picked people of less relevance to be my "ancestor".

Olde Crone
01-04-13, 21:57
I remember once having a GR message out of the blue, with no subject heading, which asked:

Did he marry Mary?

OC

Kit
05-04-13, 02:18
It's funny though. I had the most useless message once so I flippantly hit the I need more info button to get rid of it. The person did reply back though, we have now exchanged heaps of info, we met him and his wife when they came to Oz on a holiday and we keep in touch. He is a lovely man.

Nell
06-04-13, 09:45
I don't bother with GR these days. I got fed up with constant "Hot Matches" of John Gray born in Australia, with my John Gray, born in Norfolk. The final straw was when I'd answered a query telling the woman in question that the records she was looking for probably didn't exist. I got a snotty pm telling me to mind my own business. Then, a week or so later, a request from the same woman to see my tree as she thought we were related!