PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use Family Historian?

ElizabethHerts
09-03-13, 15:28
I have imported my large tree and I'm very pleased with the program.

However, I'm trying to follow their advice for repositories and sources and I'm experimenting using my grandmother's birth certificate.

The problem is that most of the information on the certificate is already entered on my tree and the instructions are mainly for adding information from scratch. I'm getting more and more confused! I need to add the occupation of my great-grandfather at her birth and other details, but I'm getting bogged down now.:(

Rusty
09-03-13, 18:59
I use it, but I haven't imported any information. Have you tried posting on the FHUG User Forum? You can find the link under the 'Help' menu.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but someone on there will be able to point you in the right direction.

Margaret.

ElizabethHerts
09-03-13, 19:18
Thanks, Margaret for your sound advice. Since posting this I've found FHUG user forum and have had some help there.

I always find adding repositories and sources very time-consuming.
I note them on my Word Files but am lazy on my tree programme as I find it so long-winded.

Rusty
09-03-13, 20:06
Glad that you found your way to the FHUG, they are very friendly and knowledgeable. I do use sources, but I must admit that I don't use repositories.

Margaret.