PDA

View Full Version : Companies House Directors on FMP - Panicking Here!

BlueSavannah
05-03-13, 15:14
I just noticed today that FMP had the Companies House Directors 2002-2013. I had a search on it as my hubby briefly had a business in his name last year and he comes up on it. What interested me (worried me more!) is that previous people at the same address (our home address!) showed and it was the previous occupants but not me.

So, I put in my mother's maiden name on its own (its rare) and up has come practically all of my family members showing their current addresses! It even has me listed on it under this surname (I was legally known by it for a number of years). I didnt think living peoples' details could be shown like this? Its not like these people are directors of businesses. I am really concerned that my mother and grandmother are showing on their at their current addresses.

Has anyone else seen this and have similar concerns?

kiterunner
05-03-13, 15:46
Is it maybe getting that information from the electoral register, Claire?

BlueSavannah
05-03-13, 15:55
Thats what I am wondering Kite. I didnt think that info was in the public domain this way. I did wonder if it was people that owned their own property but its got my mum and stepfather on it and they live in a council house.

kiterunner
05-03-13, 16:06
The electoral register is available to the public, yes, but there is a box you can tick to have your name removed from the public version. Similar to going ex-directory - and the telephone directories are also available and searchable online nowadays.

kiterunner
05-03-13, 16:17
Looking at the database, yes, I think either they have mistitled it and it should be called "Current Electoral Registers" or they have uploaded the wrong database. But I don't think there is any info on it which is not on 192.com - as I understand it, they use the same databases. (You could test this out by searching for the same people on 192.com) You might want to contact them (FMP) and point out that there are people listed on it who you know are not company directors and ask them to explain.

kiterunner
05-03-13, 16:21
Also you could search this database also on FMP (which is actually called Electoral Registers) and see if it has the same info:
http://www.findmypast.co.uk/search/directories/electoral-search

BlueSavannah
05-03-13, 16:29
It definately is company directors as my hubby only appears on it with his job title but doesnt appear there as a home owner/electoral role etc. But it looks like they have tagged on electoral role results as well.

I've searched myself under my current married name and I don't appear in the results. I think I may need to advise some members of my family about ticking that box on the electoral roll form so they dont show on online databases. My grandmother particularly will be really worried to know she appears on this. Not sure how I can advise her what to do without telling her why I am advising her of this.